What would you do with a 300

B. Hizzle

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2016
2up 2down
Recently scored a 8x2x2.5 300 gallon for cheap. Wasn't even looking for a new tank but saw the ad and went ahead and scooped it up. I'll have to buy/build a stand, make a sump etc, so it'll be awhile before its up and running. But if you had an extra 300g sitting around what would you stock? I've been thinking maybe jardini or fahaka, maybe ATF, but idk. Any ideas outside of cichlids?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Recently scored a 8x2x2.5 300 gallon for cheap. Wasn't even looking for a new tank but saw the ad and went ahead and scooped it up. I'll have to buy/build a stand, make a sump etc, so it'll be awhile before its up and running. But if you had an extra 300g sitting around what would you stock? I've been thinking maybe jardini or fahaka, maybe ATF, but idk. Any ideas outside of cichlids?

Personally a pair of Hystrix Ray's if the aquarium was wider Motoro.

TheMoneyTank(TMT)

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2017
Heres some options
Mala wolf fish
Tyre track eel
Achara catfish
Marbled sleeper goby
Motoro stingrays
Mbu pufferfish
Odoe pike
Siamese tigerfish
Polypterus lapradei
Asian arowana
Jardini arowana
Tigrinus catfish
Flagtail fish
Vampire tetra
A black piranha
Adonis pleco
Fire Eel

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
Massive peaceful cichlid community; Oscura Heterospilus, Thorichthys, Robersoni, Synspilum and a butt load of live bearers.

Reactions: Gourami Swami
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store