Update on my hystrix

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Fantastic looking female! Thanks for the link to your camera, need to check it later today.
As for gestation time, mine goes 200+ days. Her first litter was 2 pups and has increased with each litter. The last litter was 7 I think, with an additional, partially developed pup. Good luck with yours!

viper0397

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.facebook.com
Fantastic looking female! Thanks for the link to your camera, need to check it later today.
As for gestation time, mine goes 200+ days. Her first litter was 2 pups and has increased with each litter. The last litter was 7 I think, with an additional, partially developed pup. Good luck with yours!
Thank you very much!! I got lucky! I hope to be lucky enough to have pups!!

Leo Messi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2015
Switzerland
Holy mother of god. 200+ days? I've been talking to all european hystrix (wallacei) owners I know of (especially a few in Germany) and all of them told me around 145-160 days is pretty much the gestation time.

I guess more isn't a problem for a hystrix either. Just imagine, while your hystrix gets pups once, a fat BD could almost get 2 litters "done".

Can't wait for my own hystrix/wallcei to get their first pups.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
I have long said to those in my circle that hystrix could/should easily be the most popular ray, all it needs is the proper marketing (I work in Sales and Marketing). The small size, they are hardy and attractive. All hystrix needs in the right agent and they're headed to the top ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store