My saltwater journey

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
So... I'm just letting it go and hoping this guy is right. You can barely see into the glass right now. I might snap a pic later. I'm doing my normal water changes. I need to add my cleanup crew now.

I want to do something similar to this. Frogspawn, hammer, and torch corals only.
Awesome man, yeah I go on reef2reef too and I read that same article. I have all the stuff to start a tank but my RO/DI unit is not producing nearly as much water as it should be. From 3pm last night to 3am this morning it produced about two gallons, it's a 50GPD RO/DI. I have all sorts of stupid plumbing problems with my house as it is so it looks like I'm going to have to get that resolved before I move forward.

Reactions: jwd

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
Awesome man, yeah I go on reef2reef too and I read that same article. I have all the stuff to start a tank but my RO/DI unit is not producing nearly as much water as it should be. From 3pm last night to 3am this morning it produced about two gallons, it's a 50GPD RO/DI. I have all sorts of stupid plumbing problems with my house as it is so it looks like I'm going to have to get that resolved before I move forward.
Sorry to hear that. I think they say if it's below 40 psi you should get a pump. I'd look into that. Call bulk reef supply and see what they say.

Reactions: kewpiefishypewpie

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
I'm not highjack your thread but here is my 40B (~50G) for my antennarius maculatus.
Let's see you can spot it, it's quite easy to see him at this spot, most of the time I will spend like 5~10 mins to identify it location (sorry for crappy phone camera, my good phone got fired recently).

This one a closer focus if you didn't see it in the first video.

Those damsels are feeders...yeah...yeah I knew it's expensive feeders (I don't use freshwater feeders) but I like to keep my monster close to it nature environment while in my care.
awesome fish! so neat! Hijack away, I'm happy to have salt water friends on this forum and this can be a thread for everyone to post in.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
awesome fish! so neat! Hijack away, I'm happy to have salt water friends on this forum and this can be a thread for everyone to post in.
It's a awesome fish but sadly all 3 of them died recently on same day and I don't know what's cause of their death, all the damsels still live happily in that tank.

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
It's a awesome fish but sadly all 3 of them died recently on same day and I don't know what's cause of their death, all the damsels still live happily in that tank.
I hate random deaths like that. Then you have to play detective. Sometimes it just happens.

I got part of my cleanup crew today. I did something I swore I'd never do. I bought it from...Petco..

I just live so far away from an LFS that has saltwater animals. I bought 10 snails and 15 crabs. They've obliterated the diatoms. I need another 10 snails I think and the tank will stay clean. I also bought a Banggai cardinal fish.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
I hate random deaths like that. Then you have to play detective. Sometimes it just happens.

I got part of my cleanup crew today. I did something I swore I'd never do. I bought it from...Petco..

I just live so far away from an LFS that has saltwater animals. I bought 10 snails and 15 crabs. They've obliterated the diatoms. I need another 10 snails I think and the tank will stay clean. I also bought a Banggai cardinal fish.
I just now noticed you bought 10 snails and 15 crabs, that's a lot :) I wouldn't buy more snails cause after they clean up diatoms that what they gonna eat? they gonna die out when your tank mature, and your crabs will eat each other when someone molting, keep a bottle of iodine and dose weekly or biweekly your crabs will molt more often and grow or simple help them get their molting phase faster and safer :)

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
You can RO water from a good LFS, or saltwater too.
I'm little paranoid so went around all the LFS that selling water and bought from them like 1 gallon per store then marked it, went home and do my water test LOL then I picked out LFS gave best result test and buying water from them.
*From my test result there are 2x LFS in my area that didn't do their honest business, they mixed their own water by using tap water so their water is BAD, the one I picked all their water parameters were meet requirement for coral reef.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store