Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
If you must have a Gt, I would not add any
More cichlids at all.
They will fight,even when young.
If you add any other fish i would look at a pair of hoplo catfish.The gt should ignore them.
The tank is too small for gt's period,in my opinion.A group of cichlids has no hope.

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
It being a corner tank changes things a bit, I was thinking it was a 4' 60 gallon. There will be less room for territory in the corner setup. Decent estimate of growth rate would be an inch every two months, but it mostly depends on how clean the water is. More fish/waste= slower growth. I agree that trying any other cichlids with a GT in this tank is a bad idea. If you must, I would get a female GT (they grow smaller)

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
Anyone have any suggestions for housing a hippo in my bathtub?
Hippos are illegal in the USA. I would advise not posting that on a public forum. Do you know what happens to people who post their Asian aros on places like this?
I would go with the gt, and some cyprinids. It may not be the best tank, but it almost fits, and it sounds like this gt comm means a lot to you. Really you should look into thorichthys ( other than FM) they offer the color of a gt in a much more manageable package.

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
You could keep a pair of convicts in the tank pretty comfortably. I wouldn't do a GT in that tank. It's not always easy rehoming fish either and if you have an EBJD in that sized tank with a GT and firemouth or convict, then that is the equation for a dead EBJD. I have no doubt about that.

TheMoneyTank(TMT)

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2017
The GT is the one fish that i would want the most. Probability of a GT, EBJD, along with an acara and a firemouth working out? i know eventually it will be overstocked but i dont mind getting rid of fish to make more room for just the GT and/or the EBJD. i dont mean to sound stubborn and i definitely am not looking for an unhealthy setup for my fish, hence the thread and how much i appreciate the feedback. the con is definitely not one that i need to have. but a GT is the one fish i would like to have and paired with another until there is not enough room. and for time being as i get it as a baby i would like to have other fish in tank.
Just keep the green terror solo as the only cichlid (they look way better solo and more colourful) add a nice pleco for the bottom e.g (blue/green phantom pleco, gold nugget pleco) add some dither to make the green terror more welcome fast tetras e.g (Colombian blue tetras/Buenos Aries tetras) add plants like java fern /anubias on wood with a sand substrate your tank would look more tank like than a battleground with cichlids it can be fine one minute the next a few are dead before you can move them a waste of money that way

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store