Bad fin rot from petco

Oscars4life

Feeder Fish
Jul 24, 2017
Johnstown
I have a 110 tall with an Oscar, Green Texas cichlid, and a Pike cichlid. This however is not the problem but I saw a Green Terror at Petco one day where I generally refuse to buy fish from. I noticed his tail and top find we're completely missing and could tell he had fin rot but figured I could get him back. Although he was no where near the size of my other fish he had no problem in my big tank but I have a 20 gallon que tank that I decided to put him in after having problems getting the fins to grow back. He's only about 2.5 inches I have been able to make slight progress but it's been almost 2 months. I have tried salt, malafix, and a natural remedie I found at Petco. I dosed each seperatly before trying sometgung new in 2-3 week increments of each other. Still not much progress has been made. I've felt with this before in other fish but I have never had this hard of time. Anyone have any other thoughts or ideas. Btw I test my tanks regularly and ph is generally 6.4-7 almost never ammonia, nitrate and nitrite also 0.

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
picture? can it be injury at the level of the body? if fins bitten off with flesh most likely will not grow back. a picture may really help

Eliyahu aminov

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2017
Does my Fish have a disease if yes what Can I do he’s been losing his fins little by little everyday I’m keeping him in a Breeder box temporarily thinking that he was being attached by the other Fish but this morning he lost another big piece of his tail.

BCEE373D-3E3B-4B7D-A626-29E7E3AE2C41.jpeg

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Does my Fish have a disease if yes what Can I do he’s been losing his fins little by little everyday I’m keeping him in a Breeder box temporarily thinking that he was being attached by the other Fish but this morning he lost another big piece of his tail.

View attachment 1278332
It certainly sounds like your fish is suffering from fin rot or some other ailment.Also,I would suggest that you make your own thread concerning your fish rather than bumping and posting on someone else's.Good luck with healing it.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I’m new so how Can I make my own thread?
Welcome the the community.Making your own thread is just as easy as posting,just go into the area of your interest,like this section and at the top of the page you should see a blue bar on which it says "post new thread"....tap on it and go from there.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store