Breeding guppies.

kyle osowski

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2017
I know, I know guppies. One of the easiest fish to keep and breed. I got my daughter a 6gal tank with a 3 guppies. Never thought they would populate a tank that small. Well, 2 females and one male. I have more guppies now than I know what to do with. I have babies 2 times a month lol. I have like 30 in a 30 gal tank now and the breeding 3 in the 6gal in her room with about 15 more babies. What the heck should I do lol. Half of them get eaten or whatever else could happen to them that small like getting sucked into the filter or sucked up the water change hose. Anyway, first time having a breeding pair of anything so it's pretty fun.

kyle osowski

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2017
Oh, sorry I disappeared for a while. I got busy and forgot I made a profile on here lol.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Try and see if your lfs will take some off your hands. If they start inbreeding you will start see deformities and they will start getting weak genetically.

Last edited:

kyle osowski

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2017
Sorry it took so long to get back. Broke my phone and have been rather busy. Yeas I have to many. I'm going to keep the ones I like best. I have been trading with a friend that also has a breeding pair to help with inbreeding because some are coming to breeding age. I'm not a big fan of the hole feeder fish idea and I know that's a mixed subject on it's own.

Reactions: tlindsey

kyle osowski

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2017
What kind of guppies?
Mixed lol. Started with some plain old guppies black tail, orange tail, and fancy guppies like the cobra tail and a blue something guppie. The 1st breed was with a plain female and the blue something guppie. ( can't remember exactly But I'll look it up) and the second was with the cobra and orange female guppie. The the rest are all plain guppies. I ki.da lost track because I pverstocked a bit expecting to loose one or two.

Reactions: tlindsey

Valerie Vasselon

Feeder Fish
Mar 2, 2017
Hello
I am the bass keeper but I had a little password problem and complications make it that I am writing under my moms name . You could probably bring them to a local fish store and give some away sell them or giving them for adoption at petco.

Yulli

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2016
Get a bigger cichild lol that will take care of the problem and the original pair can have as many as they like.

Reactions: Randy West
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store