Chocolate cichlid

LunarValkyrie

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2015
United States
Do Chocolates need salt in their tank? I know most fish can have it in there to help with gill function and digestion. What type of salt do you folks use with them? Yours is a very nice fish. I can't wait for mine to get that big. I have tiny ones right now. Just want to make sure they are getting what they need. This is my first time with them.

LunarValkyrie

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2015
United States
Do Chocolates need salt in their tank? I know most fish can have it in there to help with gill function and digestion. What type of salt do you folks use with them? Yours is a very nice fish. I can't wait for mine to get that big. I have tiny ones right now. Just want to make sure they are getting what they need. This is my first time with them.

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
I honestly only add salt if I see stress or if my fish have signs if Ich or anything like that
It's called aquarium salt for freshwater in like a blue little box

smjack

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2016
I assume that they have ich. 32 C for three weeks. Then slowly return to normal temperature. I don't use salt.

Ewagn9

Feeder Fish
Jul 26, 2017
I have 2 chocolate cichlids I have had them for a bit over 6 months now and they have always loved people and lately every time someone walks up to the tank they hide and don't eat until the food has hit the ground and no people are there
What should I do?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store