Silver arowana being bullied by oscar

RajaVino

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 29, 2017
India
No need to worry bro. The arowana experts can tell the solution. I am having flowerhorn, parrots and tinfoil barbs with the arowana. My flowerhorn also sometime hit him at the time of feeding. But it never hurts him. Just check whether the arowana is taking feed and enjoy swimming in the bubbles. Still u have fear means check whether the fins of the arowana gets damaged if so means the attack of severe unless its quite normal among the territorial fish. The scales missing is normal in the arowana because its very sensitive for small vibrations, sound and shadow. He may jumps and loss the scales by getting scratch. In my arowana the scales near of head is missing. In another time three scales get missing from the body of the arowana by his jumping and now the scales also grown. So be cool.. Still u r having doubt on ur oscar means provide the big caves for them to enter fully. If so , they will finalise the cave as territory and not the whole tank . Sot they never disturb the other fish.

Mohith Rajeek

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2017
Mysore, India
Guys finally found a way to stop that bullying act .. i introduced 3 pairs of silver dollars into the aquarium and it helped big time .. oscars got busy chasing the dollars while my aro got its top place in the aquarium .. silver dollars are schooling fish so itz hard time for oscars to pick and corner one .. silvers are so quick that oscar can't even think of smelling their tail .. itz quick to react .. now after a week all fishes live in harmony .. this thing worked for me and might be helpful for others

Reactions: tlindsey

Mohith Rajeek

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2017
Mysore, India
Thanx
No need to worry bro. The arowana experts can tell the solution. I am having flowerhorn, parrots and tinfoil barbs with the arowana. My flowerhorn also sometime hit him at the time of feeding. But it never hurts him. Just check whether the arowana is taking feed and enjoy swimming in the bubbles. Still u have fear means check whether the fins of the arowana gets damaged if so means the attack of severe unless its quite normal among the territorial fish. The scales missing is normal in the arowana because its very sensitive for small vibrations, sound and shadow. He may jumps and loss the scales by getting scratch. In my arowana the scales near of head is missing. In another time three scales get missing from the body of the arowana by his jumping and now the scales also grown. So be cool.. Still u r having doubt on ur oscar means provide the big caves for them to enter fully. If so , they will finalise the cave as territory and not the whole tank . Sot they never disturb the other fish.
Thanx for ur experienced words bro

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store