He has kamfa traits. Im so thrilled!

Cosmic_surfer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2014
Lincoln, NE
I got a smaller one that looks similar, already starting to get a larger hump on his head (I think it is a male). Mine has a lighter shade and pearling, he does have some red starting to appear on his bottom front, but I don't think he will end as red as my shorty body... petco has been selling some very nice FH lately. My little guy has the reddest eyes as well.

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
I got a smaller one that looks similar, already starting to get a larger hump on his head (I think it is a male). Mine has a lighter shade and pearling, he does have some red starting to appear on his bottom front, but I don't think he will end as red as my shorty body... petco has been selling some very nice FH lately. My little guy has the reddest eyes as well.
Do you have a picture of it? would love to see it :D if a fry grows a kok at tht size he will prbly get a big one when it gets older. and yes im pretty sure yours a nale too. yeaa.. i got this fry from a bacth of malau and golden base kamfa mix. they were all at 1inch not showing much potential. i picked this guy up bcuz he has the most pearls among them. showed an update to the seller and he said tht ny fry has kamfa genes prbbly from the grandparents.
Petco sells kamfa fries also if im not mistaken right? those fish are like the jewel fish of flowerhorns.

Cosmic_surfer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2014
Lincoln, NE
Here is a pic of the young one I have. He is maybe an inch and a half right now. 2nd fish is my short body that has shown tremendous potential and continues to impress me.

IMG_0169.JPG

IMG_0172.JPG

Cosmic_surfer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2014
Lincoln, NE
Probably not the highest grade flowerhorns out there, but for $12 each I really can't beat it. My short body male has tons of personality to boot. I was cleaning his water a few nights ago and played with him a bit. He let me touch his hump a bit, and then when I was dangling my finger above the water surface he jumped and nipped my finger. Mouth was way harder than I thought it would be... thank god my bichir haven't decided to give me a nip. Just look at his trails too... almost looks like a big mean angel fish.

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
Here is a pic of the young one I have. He is maybe an inch and a half right now. 2nd fish is my short body that has shown tremendous potential and continues to impress me.

View attachment 1265343

View attachment 1265344
the first pic, doesnt look like an inch and a half. thts way too small for him to look like tht at tht size. but he looks great.
and tht short body looks fantastic. i rarely see a high quality short body, and honestly i dont like shortbodies cuz they look abnormal when they start to age. but yours looks great. you are using white light thts why his reds are a bit pale. use a pinkish led light, if you want to boost up his reds.

Cosmic_surfer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2014
Lincoln, NE
He may be closer to an inch and 3/4 but he isn't very big at all... he definitely looks stockier, so he may be a short body as well. I don't know really. I picked this fish because the eyes were so red and its body just seemed to glow. I have what I think is a female. I don't see her often because she has lived most of her life in my dark sump. She didn't get along with my fish at the time and was picking on a lima shovel... couldn't have that. I pulled her out once and she was like a ghost, the softest greens and so much pearling she looked nearly solid, and her eyes were blood red. She is magnificent but not a speck of red on her.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store