Fishing season for 2017

fatboy8

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2012
Philadelphia
Kind of coming out of hybrnation since I've moved to Baltimore. I didn't really fish much last summer or fall. Went out a few times for native trout in NEPA and did decent. This spring I had a decent trout season. Caught a ton of fish mostly on the fly but nothing over 20". Luckily I was able to sneak out while out in Charleston SC. Unfortunately the weather for the week I was down there was horrible with the winds, tides, and rain. Fortunately I had an early morning window to go out and a spot where the wind and tide worked together on 5/18 and went 6/6 on redfish. Largest was probably 26-27". Caught a bunch in the 18" range but it was awesome being the only boat that was catching fish. I've been doing a decent amount of catfishing on the Schuylkill River outside of Philadelphia and I've been doing pretty well. Unfortunately my phones been dying every time I've gone out and I don't have any good pictures to post. But I've caught a ton of flatheads in the 5-15lb range but nothing crazy big. All have been on cut bluegill. My live line bluegill rod has gotten slammed and a few good runs but no hookups. I believe it's where I'm hooking my bluegills in the back I will be moving it back towards the tail. Recently have been fishing south jersey for flounder and 6/16 was probably my best day of backbay flounder fishing I've had. I caught my largest back bay flounder to date at 22". Ended the day with close to 40+ fish and boated 6 keepers three over 20". Hopefully I'll be posting more reports especially with the offshore season coming up.

IMG_1293.JPG

IMG_1295.JPG

IMG_1376.JPG

IMG_1451.JPG

IMG_1452.JPG

IMG_1508.JPG

IMG_1510.JPG

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Was in the UP of Michigan a couple of weeks ago fishing on Lake Superior for native Lake Trout, its tribs for wild Rainbows, Brown, & Brook Trout, and the St. Mary's River for Atlantic Salmon and Whitefish. Now back home on Lake Erie this past weekend fishing for Drum and Walleye and a bit further inland for Bowfin.

IMG_5326.JPG

IMG_5329.JPG

IMG_5396.JPG

IMG_5417.JPG

IMG_5473.JPG

IMG_5539.JPG

image1.JPG

IMG_5722.JPG

IMG_5780.JPG

fatboy8

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2012
Philadelphia
Been out a few times to south jersey in the past couple weeks. Back bay flounder fishing has been on fire. As it gets later in the summer a lot of the larger 20+" fish move to offshore reefs. Yesterday began with some seawall jigging for tog, triggerfish, and sheepshead. Managed 2 triggers but due to the outgoing tide conditions were less then favorable for fish to bite. Made the decision and the weather was cooperating we were able to make a run 15 miles offshore in our 17 ft mako to some reef sites. First site we were targeting trigger fish off of lobster pot buoys. Unfortunately no life was found out there so we ran about 10 miles south to another reef site that had been produced. Fish for around 4 hours there. It'd been awhile since I fished there so spent some time finding the different structure and finding schools. Luckily got onto a school of Black Sea bass and put a couple in the cooler. Also managed a few tog. Then made the run to the back bays and finished out with 20-30 flounder with one keeper.
---
TMA: Fri Jul 21 2017 16:09:01 GMT-0400 (EDT).jpg

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Some nice Lake Char from this weekend on Lake Erie. 17 fish with the largest at 24 pounds.

IMG_5859.JPG

IMG_5869.JPG

IMG_5897.JPG

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store