Red Terrors!!!

RealCrix220

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2017
Jaymillion thanks mate

I think it would be hard to get a smaller male to mate with her as she tests the male to see if he's strong enough to protect her fry hence the reason I lost a few males along my way.

I've also found it hard to keep the male and female together as I was told to introduce a large male to the tank once the female was ready but I've tried to go against all odds and kept them together the whole time and fingers crossed this is my time as my females just took a little beating from my male and now there clearing a corner and are stuck to each other's sides

Jaymillion

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2014
Ohio
Jaymillion thanks mate

I think it would be hard to get a smaller male to mate with her as she tests the male to see if he's strong enough to protect her fry hence the reason I lost a few males along my way.

I've also found it hard to keep the male and female together as I was told to introduce a large male to the tank once the female was ready but I've tried to go against all odds and kept them together the whole time and fingers crossed this is my time as my females just took a little beating from my male and now there clearing a corner and are stuck to each other's sides
I totally agree with you on the female testing males to find the best/strongest!!! That's why I was saying I should take her out of the group. There are definitely more females in the group and 1 other than the big girl also showing breeding colors. If I'm right, fingers crossed, there's a male in there slightly bigger than the smaller, breed ready, female.

I also have a 75 gal with 2 more Red Terrors which i believe to be male and female. I just got these back from a friend I gave 6 to from the initial 16 i bought. Unfortunately he sold his big male, 1 fish jumped out the tank and the other 2 were killed. Hoping these remaining 2 settle in and breed for me too. They're still pretty shy in the new tank.

Jaymillion

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2014
Ohio
I finally got it right!!! I've had lots of success with breeding my 2 Red Terror pairs and plenty of babies to show! I did ultimately pull big girl out for a while. I've had 4 breeding pairs in total but lost a few females along the way. One big male killed his smaller mate and I put big girl in with him. They are now a great breeding pair for me! Check out my pics!!!

20180708_222722.jpg 20180708_222209.jpg 20180708_221611.jpg 20180708_221601.jpg 20180708_221549.jpg

Reactions: pescado209
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store