All 5 Parachromis and 3 Amphs

pelleeklund

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
-1 Losielle. Just put him back in with the gang and he must have really rubbed somebody the wrong way. Shredded in an hour away from the tank.

mattison187

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2007
vermont
Deff a male dovii. Youll have your hands full with these guys in no time.

pelleeklund

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Yes, and now they have performed their first murder, which is like the Parachromis baptism. Going to have to keep a good eye on them moving forward. The Dovii and the Midas are lip locking and shaking at each other now and the Jag doesn't like it. Thats going to be a boss battle if i don't have the divider ready. I can only imagine if they decide to breed it would be bad for the rest of the guys. Things got real tense the past 3 days or so, I'm lowering the temps and re-arranging the decor to try and get some order back.

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
Was your loiselle still in with the Mota as I qould bet he is the trouble there. Foe their size mota's are real killers.

pelleeklund

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
No he was in the 30 getting healed up from the Mota across the room. Thought I'd give him a try in the more spacious tank, I'm assuming the Jag or Dovii did him in. It's all good, didn't think I'd get through this without at least one death.

pelleeklund

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Uh oh. I'm thinking the Dovii may be female. The Midas is trying hard and the Jag doesn't seem happy. Sorry the video is bad, just noticed this sitting next to the tank.

pelleeklund

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
This is crazy, Midas just became the dominant male and within the last two weeks and grew a Nuchal hump. He's raising hell now, and he looks good doing it.

IMG_2170.JPG

IMG_2169.JPG

Reactions: Toiletcar

pelleeklund

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Me too buddy, got a bad feeling it's going to end up either him or the Midas though, and recently that doesn't look to good for him. I'll make sure someone gets him and grows him out, for the millionth time someone will profit for my dumb stocking ideas. I knew this would end up being decided by the tankmates, but I really like all these fish so it's getting harder to see some of them get put in the corner by commitee.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store