What am I dealing with

Sanman

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2016
So anyone have a clue .. it doesn't heal but gets bigger as the fish gets bigger and now and then the white appears in different spots around the hole

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Not sure but a good sign is it has been a year and not effecting it. That's a plus. As long as it's acting normal just enjoy the fish. Hope some other members will reply soon.

Sanman

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2016
RD. RD. Oddball Oddball Charney Charney

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
it is hard to say. I agree with the sentiment if it is not bothering the severum and really not changing then let it be. I imagine it might be a scar at this point. At this point I would really consider just letting it be. If you really want to, you can pull him out of the water and try to scrub it a dry cotton ball in hope to roughen up the skin a little bit. Follow this with apply dilute betadine once daily for 14 days or so. This might encourage it to heal in. That being said the stress you are going to put him through probably isn't worth it. The third option is to take him to an aquatic vet. This ways skin scrapes, cultures and even biopsy can be done if needed.

Mohith Rajeek

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2017
Mysore, India
according to me it is not HITH .. because there is no irregular margins .. there is no skin peel or rusty discolouration which occurs or there is no sloughing .. as far as the fish is active and feeding well there won't be much of a problem .. I would treat it as a BIRTH MARK

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store