All glass 11ft

bigfish 2017

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2017
Fantastic this, literally just looking at ordering mne now at 12 x 4 x 2, so gonna be watching this closely an stealing ideas. Looks fantastic
Thanks for your compliments, and definitely go for it, my tank was supposed to be 13x5x3 but due to comprising with my fiancée I had to reduce the size, but I'm happy with this size, seems like enough space for the fish I want to keep, so far 4 tiger Oscar's 2 albino and 2 normal are in there with red tiger jaguar cichlids all between 2"-8" inches together with 1 Clownknife. If you happen to search for my previous thread I had huge 24-26" royal knife fish, I wish I could have kept them but due to saving up to buy a house I had to sell them on... , but at least I can start up again

Reactions: Matteus

kniesh

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2008
Market Drayton
Cheers, I'll read through that now. I currently have a 2ft Clown, love him, can't wait to see him in the big tank. Probably gonna order it next month, so wont be long after.

I love buying young fish an growing them on, got a lot of fish I bought at around 3" that are currently hitting over 16. There's still a part of me that would like to put a load of young fish in the new one an watch them grow. Guess thats what growout tanks are for though

bigfish 2017

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2017
An update, the tank sprung a pin hole leak, wasn't impressed at all ‍♂... Then I had sold the grow out tank where I had the fish because I moved them all into the 11ft, so I had to drain the entire tank move the fish into the sump, which cracked in the middle which I'm still not sure why it cracked, so the fish are in an Ikea tub 400litres.

• Wow
Reactions: Matteus

bigfish 2017

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2017
Too top it all off, the pond heater also sprung a leak, where the water was reaching the heating element seal and kept tripping the house mains, so had to remove that from the plumbing, so I've decided to order 6x400watt heaters totaling 2400watts, I have used the visitherm brand for at least 10years and had it in my recent grow out tank, so at least I can add or remove if I needed more without the hassle off replumbing and the price of these pond heaters are so expensive starting at £300 up to £2000 so buying multiple heaters at £25.00 made more sense

bigfish 2017

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2017
Oh man, that sucks so bad :(. I know the feeling though pretty much the same thing I went through a few years back with my 265g tank. So what's the plan now for fixing the leak? Gonna have to redo the entire tank seals or?
The entire front panel will be removed and cleaned and then resealed, also with a 11ft steel brace L bracket, will post up pics.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store