1600 Gallon Bioshock Octopus Aquarium!

Karlotious

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2015
Making some progress :) still have to apply the picture, paint the foam, and color the tank (1 gallon of pentair green marine paint then several colors of krylon fusion. After that it's finishing up the plumbing and waiting for the acrylic! I'm Getting impatient now haha

IMG_4030.JPG

IMG_4031.JPG

IMG_4032.JPG

image.jpg

Reactions: monkeybike

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Not that it matters what I like but the 1st pic would be perfect. Be totally cool if you could work some leds in where the suit lights are too.

Karlotious

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2015
I appreciate all input! Helps to make the tank better. Originally i wanted to mount a tv in there on a loop of rapture (the underwater city) but figured the tv would eventually break and become too much of a hassle. Im still considering doing the city of rapture with some flickering city lights. I may settle for the big daddy pic though because its much higher resolution

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
The city would actually be pretty cool too and a better static pic as well.

I've been lurking for a couple years on this site and have recently (march) joined. I remembered seeing this thread somewhere and glad I've found it again now that I can more easily stalk it....lol

I went back a bit to jog the memory and saw the sump post question. Did you figure it out? I can tell you I used Rubber maid stock tanks for my sump system when I had salt. Best thing I ever did. I had two 55g barrels with filter socks to catch all the junk from my two reef tanks upstairs, those went to a 100g Rubber maid tank with a higher micron sock and a ton of live rock, this dumped into another 100g RM with a return and heaters, I fed my refugium 50g rm off the last RM with another pump and it sat above the final chamber, my skimmer was a beast and I spent a ton of money on it it was a bashsea twisted monstrosity it was fed from the live rock chamber.

I wouldn't use a wet dry too much salt creep generated. I am using a wet dry on my current set up but it's fresh water. I've left the addicition for now. Lol.

I put a few mods on the system after initial build, like drain valves on the bottom middle of the 55gs to get rid of any sediment easily. And I made some changes to the fuge to make it feed off gravity instead of a pump. I also installed a biopellet reactor.

Reactions: Karlotious

Karlotious

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2015
Got a bunch of the sump in yesterday. Assembling the water bridge currently. Should be able to test it tomorrow before its permanently installed :)

IMG-4330.JPG

Reactions: NathanKS

NathanKS

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2016
Nor*Cal
Looking great.

Also just realized I stole your trickle tower design. Knew I had seen it somewhere but no idea it was here

Reactions: Karlotious
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store