Oddball Poly Tankmates

Slayer2533

Piranha
MFK Member
May 13, 2017
Some nice fish here. I am starting to see a theme emerging. Catfish seem to be the go to oddball poly tank mate ;). This is good as I have some cats growing out and long nose whiptail catfish on the way :)

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
IMG_9240.JPG My tank consists of multiple polys/ropes with lots of oddball tankmates

Flagtail
Bala sharks
Smallmouth bass
Florida gar
Royal clown knife
Tiretrack Eel
A huge mean as hell Australian rainbowfish
Lima shovelnose
Datnoids
Polleni
L114
A horde of nerites
And my ultimate oddball a freshwater peruvian flounder

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
View attachment 1268885 My tank consists of multiple polys/ropes with lots of oddball tankmates

Flagtail
Bala sharks
Smallmouth bass
Florida gar
Royal clown knife
Tiretrack Eel
Lima shovelnose
Datnoids
Polleni
L114
A horde of nerites
Tank looks nice:) what does your florida gar eat?

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Tank looks nice:) what does your florida gar eat?
Thanks. He pounds goldfish, rosy reds and any other feeders I toss in for the flounder. Also eats about half a flat of frozen bloodworms a week and easily a quarter pound of chopped tilapia. He's a pig but I love him.

Reactions: Polyaddict86

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Thanks. He pounds goldfish, rosy reds and any other feeders I toss in for the flounder. Also eats about half a flat of frozen bloodworms a week and easily a quarter pound of chopped tilapia. He's a pig but I love him.
Nice my florida gars havent eat for more than a week now, they refuse to eat tilapia and i refuse to feed them feeders, lol

Slayer2533

Piranha
MFK Member
May 13, 2017
View attachment 1268885 My tank consists of multiple polys/ropes with lots of oddball tankmates

Flagtail
Bala sharks
Smallmouth bass
Florida gar
Royal clown knife
Tiretrack Eel
Lima shovelnose
Datnoids
Polleni
L114
A horde of nerites
Very nice tank and some awesome oddball poly tankmates. I'd love a tiretrack or fire eel but we only get the peacock spinly eel here. I am picking up one today to growout to add to my main setup. I am also a fan of knife fish once again only type we get here is the black ghost knife fish. My BGK is around 12 inches or so now.

Reactions: Experiment397

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Very nice tank and some awesome oddball poly tankmates. I'd love a tiretrack or fire eel but we only get the peacock spinly eel here. I am picking up one today to growout to add to my main setup. I am also a fan of knife fish once again only type we get here is the black ghost knife fish. My BGK is around 12 inches or so now.

Nice. I love BGK. Ive thought about trading my Royal in for an afer or bgk because he is so shy but it's so jaw dropping when he comes out that I've kept him. 20"+ fish that you'd never know was in the tank until he swims out from his hiding place

Slayer2533

Piranha
MFK Member
May 13, 2017
Nice. I love BGK. Ive thought about trading my Royal in for an afer or bgk because he is so shy but it's so jaw dropping when he comes out that I've kept him. 20"+ fish that you'd never know was in the tank until he swims out from his hiding place
My BGK is similar. The hide alot and come out at night as they are nocturnal. Usually he shares his hide with one of my senegal's or a endli. As he has gotten bigger he is out and about alot more in the open. He is my oldest fish.

Burbotman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Canada
Coolest oddball Poly tankmate I have kept was with out a doubt my giant Marbled sleeper Goby. Great fish never bothered the Polys, ate a few gars I tried to introduce but never a Poly. Had him for four or five years(grew him out from around 2"). Lost him last Christmas to a throat tumour

image.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store