Need Recommendation for Air Pump

H]-[H

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
Malaysia
I looked at a Boyu Se001 I believe. See of you can make some sort of noise insulating box for it
Google search result didn't show any boyu product with the model number se-001.. Did they change name?

They definitely make noise. How big is the tank and sump? Maybe you can get by with one of the more high-end diaphragm pumps, which are virtually silent?
My tank is 120 gallons with side filter.. The compartment for K1 media is 9"x6"x20"
Do you have a brand and model number in mind?

An ap40 would work alright and are decently quiet. But keep a rebuild on hand if you buy one they can be finicky friggen things
Are you referring to the pondmaster ap-40?

Call the guy at jehmco. He was extremely knowledgeable and helpful when I spoke with him about my air system.

You could also relocate the pump further away in your bedroom closet to help keep the noise down. Or in another room or downstairs.
I don't live in the States though.. I'm like halfway across the world

Last edited:

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Sorry, it is the AQC-001 :)

H]-[H

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
Malaysia
Hmm, I just realised that all the air pumps that I'm interested in are way too much for one tank.. I think I just need around 20 lpm of air or less.. Correct me if I'm wrong..

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Hmm, I just realised that all the air pumps that I'm interested in are way too much for one tank.. I think I just need around 20 lpm of air or less.. Correct me if I'm wrong..
Litre per minute or per hour?

H]-[H

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
Malaysia
Litre per minute or per hour?
Litre per minute.. All the big air pumps I'm looking at are rated litre per minute..

Ahhh that's a little sump. If I were you, the DAPMH8 should be plenty...

http://jehmco.com/html/diaphragm_air_pumps.html
Funny thing is that I emailed Jehmco regarding my tank size and filter size and the salesperson recommended me a DAPMH30 / DAPMH40 / LPH45
I was sitting here like do I really need that much air?
Now I'm stumped..

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
A few LPM will give you a huge amount of air I think, anything above 10-15 should work for you

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store