face biting

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Yeah I think they remember her. They were staying as far away as they could. An interesting behavior I observed was the del "bowing" her head to the moke on several occasions. I'm guessing this is a submissive behavior?

Anyhow, so my mom has been monitoring the tank(she's at home during the day) and keeping an eye on the moke. Del has been burying herself more and more in the sand every day.
Today the moke bit the del's back when she was hidden in the sand. Spooked her. 2nd offense: moke grabbed the del and waved her like a windshield wiper. Moke is back in the 10 gal QT. .......:( thinking I'm going to have to rehome her.
You can always throw up a listing in the market place. Ask for what you paid for and no shipping. If you get what ypur asking great go get another moke. It will also buy you some time to see if it settles down. If not atleast you have a back up plan.

Reactions: clm08k and magpie

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Maybe just throw the divider up give it some time. Its sucks but sometimes a troublemaker doesnt change
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Reminds me of hellraiser PB and mags' palmas. I just want my poly trio in one tank. Haha. decided to rename her Bassy...cause she's sassy and a boss, but also because she's like the basilisk/giant snake in Harry Potter)

maybe I can rehome to someone on the forum?

Reactions: magpie

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Reminds me of hellraiser PB and mags' palmas. I just want my poly trio in one tank. Haha. decided to rename her Bassy...cause she's sassy and a boss, but also because she's like the basilisk/giant snake in Harry Potter)

maybe I can rehome to someone on the forum?
I woukd think you would find another member eventually being in FLA. Since your not in a huge rush i think its a good idea. You dont have to haggle with price and if you do a small loss is acceptable.

I wouldnt be in a rush and give up asap but i do feel that at this point the odds are that its just a jerk. Being kept with larger polys is probably what it needs.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Looks cool. The del could be displaying a hunting behavior..just a guess pretty cool

Reactions: clm08k

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Looks cool. The del could be displaying a hunting behavior..just a guess pretty cool
My dels do it too. That's what I guessed also. I tried to look up what their natural habitat looked like and any thing on natural behavior but I found diddly squat. I did give up pretty quickly. One of mine does it all the time, so I left a large section of open sand to accommodate him. The other does it too but only once in a while. The only other one I've seen do it is the Teug. My sens have never done it seems they like to hide in the plants and branches near the surface. Moke and gold dust like hiding in the dark root caves. Polli is everywhere, never seen him bury though. I like watching them and seeing theses little quirks. Just wish we had better knowledge on their natural behaviors.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
My dels do it too. That's what I guessed also. I tried to look up what their natural habitat looked like and any thing on natural behavior but I found diddly squat. I did give up pretty quickly. One of mine does it all the time, so I left a large section of open sand to accommodate him. The other does it too but only once in a while. The only other one I've seen do it is the Teug. My sens have never done it seems they like to hide in the plants and branches near the surface. Moke and gold dust like hiding in the dark root caves. Polli is everywhere, never seen him bury though. I like watching them and seeing theses little quirks. Just wish we had better knowledge on their natural behaviors.
My del never did it infact only a few of the endlis did it when they were smaller. I think its cool behavior my polys are a bunch of wierdos they dont even know how to poly pile

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store