My new BBXB

Leo Messi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2015
Switzerland
If I can suggest, for background, try anything that is White/Blue. Later you can have Black as well. And try Warm White (yellow) lights.
Can I ask why? I mean, yeah, I get a white background because it makes them more golden, the shine grade higher and the crossing a lot faster and blue does probably have a very similar effect, but why warm white light?

Leo Messi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2015
Switzerland
Warm white lights will enhance the golden color more. Its only the appearance/looks BTW.
Ahh alright. And am I right that blue/white backgrounds let the crossing happen faster than with lets say, black background?

I just don't really like warm white lights. I like neutral white the most. Warm white is about 3000k, neutral white around 4-4500k and cold white I think around 6-6500k. Neutral white is perfect to me, doesn't have the ugly (to me it looks ugly) yellow color the warm white has nor the super bright light (with a little blue touch) the cold white has :)

narayanang76

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2016
Bangalore, India
I feel these things are individual preference and you should use them as how you want to see your Aro. Some people love to view in natural colors, some with enhanced looks etc.

Reg the background, its believed that white background helps in developing the shine and crossing, next option to white is blue. Black background helps to deepen the golden color.

All these are based on experience sharing by many over internet forums, I am currently having a blue background and warm white lights for a year plus, and I am quite happy with it.

Reactions: Leo Messi

Leo Messi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2015
Switzerland
I feel these things are individual preference and you should use them as how you want to see your Aro. Some people love to view in natural colors, some with enhanced looks etc.

Reg the background, its believed that white background helps in developing the shine and crossing, next option to white is blue. Black background helps to deepen the golden color.

All these are based on experience sharing by many over internet forums, I am currently having a blue background and warm white lights for a year plus, and I am quite happy with it.
Well my problem is the rear glass of my tank is painted black from the outside. Not easy to change to white or blue, I would have to put something inside the tank with that color.

But I guess I'll just see how my little guy/girl develops, I think he'll be stunning nontheless.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store