Aggressive Dragon Goby

Dragon cqzzzzz<

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Illinois
Wow. That's kind of disturbing, but I guess it saw the dead one as still being a rival. I'm sorry that you lost your violet goby.

Assuming my violet goby survives his current illness and makes it to the large tank I got for him, I won't be getting another one to live with him. Earlier I was getting ready to do a water change in my tank, and he threatened to bite me, or the java fern I was holding.

Ntvper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2008
Albuquerque
OrandaPiranah666;1940520; said:
I have two dragons that used to be symbiotic in nature with each other. They are roughly nine inches a piece and in a 55 gallon freshwater tank. I left for vacation with a feeder in the tank and when I returned my two orandas had scales missing off of them. When I fed them to check out their well being I noticed the slightly bigger goby wouldn't let the smaller one eat. The small one would go to the top and the bigger one would literally clinch on to it's side with it's teeth/mouth and pull it to the bottom. It even bit me when I was moving things around in my set up. It's behaving more like a eel now for some reason. Water changes are normal and their diet is varied. Any ideas as to why this is going down?
one feeder for both fish? maybe its like with chickens, once they have a taste for eggs its the dinner table for them. Not that I would recommend eating a Goby, I have heard of them fighting for food and since then are aggressive maybe that happened?

Baxe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2008
Orillia, On
ya good call on his own tank i had 2 dragon Gobys about a year ago one was about 4" and the other about 6" i had them in with my 2 baby Oscars and African yellow it was all fun and games until i came home from work to find 3" of my 4" Goby hanging out of my Oscars mouth very sad sight they had also cleaned my 6" of all his fins and my Pleco sucked his skin until it looked like a bowl of chereos now my large Goby was on his death bed but i was able to bring him back with some much needed healing time in a tank on his own and now 1 year later hes got most of his fins back and is about 9 maby 10" now ive got him in with a 1" gsp hopefully he will be ok in there for a bit until i can get a 120+ for my Oscars and change my 55 into a community tank i cant get over the healing capability of fish!

Dragongoby123

Feeder Fish
Aug 17, 2017
Hello i 2 dragon gobys as well however mine are in a 110 extra high
Tank mates:
1 large birchir
1 baby birchir
1 red striped eartheater
2 cory cats
3 rainbow fish
1 mono
1 small synodontis catfish , if i miss spelled it plz forgive me
My gobys are 11 " and 13"
I bought them at the same time they where the same size the bigger one is now highly aggresive attacking the large birchir , the eartheater and the other goby
I keep a sg of just above fresh water and feed a variety of frozen food and carnivor pellets not to mention the flakes that fall to the bottom every one was really peacefull up till a few days ago when the larger goby started attacking other fish none of the other fish are aggressive to each other they live in harmony up till now any ideas and yes ik that the bichirs are fresh water and the gobys are brackishwater the gobys have caves driftwood and other hiding places in all 4 corners and some small driftwood in the center lighting is kept moderate due to the other fish needing some light

Madou

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2013
Belgique
I have no idea what it is, but I just got rick rolled by a 2008 post.

I am ashamed.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store