What happen to the Filter Guys?

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
Thanks. Saw that on Amazon but didn't like some of the reviews. Think I'm going to do the single BRS canisters and just pair 3 of them together with KX matrikx filters as that seems to be cheapest route but also best route.

Reactions: 00kevin

fishguy306

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2005
Illinois
Reactions: monkeybike

MonopolyBag

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2010
NH, USA
I talked to Jim a while ago, he was trying to sell his business, tough business and it was getting close to that time.

Very knowledgeable guy and very helpful. I wish him the best moving forward.

I feel bad promoting competitors for Jim, but now it feels ok since they have closed. I personally use Matrikx brand and purchase through Bulk Reef Supply. I have a retail store and service company and they hook me up with good pricing there. If you live local to me I carry RO supplies.

Also, Flex PVC online works well too to JG fittings and tubing.

Thanks Jim for many years helping the hobby!

If you have any questions regarding RO systems, I know a lot, you can email me at contact@fishmike.com. Like what filters to use etc. I am not trying to sell anything, just simply sharing my knowledge and I do not check my PMs on this forum often enough.

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
I talked to Jim a while ago, he was trying to sell his business, tough business and it was getting close to that time.

Very knowledgeable guy and very helpful. I wish him the best moving forward.

I feel bad promoting competitors for Jim, but now it feels ok since they have closed. I personally use Matrikx brand and purchase through Bulk Reef Supply. I have a retail store and service company and they hook me up with good pricing there. If you live local to me I carry RO supplies.

Also, Flex PVC online works well too to JG fittings and tubing.

Thanks Jim for many years helping the hobby!

If you have any questions regarding RO systems, I know a lot, you can email me at contact@fishmike.com. Like what filters to use etc. I am not trying to sell anything, just simply sharing my knowledge and I do not check my PMs on this forum often enough.
Thanks for the feedback. Ended up just ordering bunch of stuff from BRS to assemble my own unit. Hopefully get it up and running in a week or so.

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
Put together a DIY FW auto drip, I was going to use std garden drip emitters . however based on question from OP on Filter guys post. Filter guys system came with a 40GPD restrictor . The restrictor I have will allow 75 GPD ...Will this restrictor only allow 75 GPD to flow into my tank from my house water supply in a 24 hour period ?? or do I still need drip emitters? Looking for clarification .

a200021-flow550-a.jpg

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
You are correct, it should only allow 75 gallons per day, or a bit over 3 gallons an hour if you wanted to test it to verify. So if you include that you will not need a drip emitter.
Thank you for reply, I was being a bit lazy didnt want to break out the gallon jug and time it.. I went ahead and set my timer for two hours per day which will give me an approx 40% effective water change over a weeks time frame on my tank ..

fishguy306

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2005
Illinois
Keep in mind, dripping water into the tank is not the same as draining and refilling. Dripping say 20 gallons into the tank will do far less than draining and refilling 20 gallons due to dilution.

So if you are looking to do the equivalent to a water change you may have to increase the drip amount, I'm sure there are equations to figure out how much to drip to change out the same amount but I don't have a clue what it is.

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
Keep in mind, dripping water into the tank is not the same as draining and refilling. Dripping say 20 gallons into the tank will do far less than draining and refilling 20 gallons due to dilution.

So if you are looking to do the equivalent to a water change you may have to increase the drip amount, I'm sure there are equations to figure out how much to drip to change out the same amount but I don't have a clue what it is.
http://www.angelfish.net/DripSystemcalc.php

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
Put together a DIY FW auto drip, I was going to use std garden drip emitters . however based on question from OP on Filter guys post. Filter guys system came with a 40GPD restrictor . The restrictor I have will allow 75 GPD ...Will this restrictor only allow 75 GPD to flow into my tank from my house water supply in a 24 hour period ?? or do I still need drip emitters? Looking for clarification .

View attachment 1272332
I went with an attachment to reduce the pressure to 25 psi and then a drip emitter. The reason for the drip emitter is that I can easily adjust the gph that I want to drip versus being stuck on what the restrictor has.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store