My saltwater journey

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
He doesn't look torn up.
There is a missing piece on tail, and few spots body injuries, pelvis fin and pectoral fins are torn up, it's look more terrify in water than out of water. I knew it was trigger job cause last time I saw it killed a damsel at feeding time when the damsel stole his piece of meat, at that time I thought the damsel is too small compare to him. Anyway, if the trigger didn't kill the minatus then what would kill it? Tank not new and setup for over a year before adding the triggers in there for 8 months, miniatus live in same water system just in different tank so there is no different water parameters.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Yeah I don't know man. I've seen a trigger kill a larger fish and it was a complete mess. That didn't look real bad. But like you said I don't know what else would. Maybe just the stress of the move?

Reactions: Yuki Rihwa

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Yeah I don't know man. I've seen a trigger kill a larger fish and it was a complete mess. That didn't look real bad. But like you said I don't know what else would. Maybe just the stress of the move?
Oh, well. I just blame the trigger :)
Could be the trigger chased it around and the grouper jumped and hit the glass cover or glass wall and killed itself? That only option I can think about, I don't think the stresses from move killing it since only took me less than a minute to net it out and put in trigger tank and it was eating like normal and pretty much out compete the trigger at feeding time.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
A quick shot of the killer, sorry my phone camera is suck with moving object and this one won't stay still....
Clown Trigger.jpg

Reactions: tlindsey

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
Sorry for the loss. That's odd. That is a beautiful killer fish though.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Well, a local dude wanted to trade his 3x Juv. eels for my Trigger, so I took the trade for a roughly 10 inches snowflake, a 12 inches Chainlink, and a 18 inches Zebra moray eels. It's not a bad trade to me, I love eels too we both happy at the end :)

Reactions: tlindsey

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
After a week:
The chainlink and the zebra settled in nicely and eat like a champ while the snowflake seem stressed out with 2 bigger eels, the chainlink is very expressive eater behave and its even stole the piece of food from zebra mouth, its over excited and swim over everywhere when it smell food in the tank LOL (same like my Tess). So I decided to trade the chainlink and snowflake for another zebra :) There is territorial expression from the old zebra with the new zebra. Yes, they are fight a bit and there is some warning bites from the old zebra. Soon the new zebra learned not wander into the old zebra cave and everyone peace out :p
Zebra Moray.jpg
There are 2 sets of PVC pipe caves under the rocks so there won't be anymore problem when the new one claim the other set of cave for itself. I was looking to get a few fire shrimps for tank mate but somehow all LFS OUT of STOCK all Fire Shrimp o_O, it's a risk move because my eels are small and might eat the shrimp, I knew when the eels big enough they will leave those cleaner shrimps alone like my Tesselata.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Here is overall tank look, they will live there for awhile until I finish the 60x24x24 setup then they will go in there (the new zebra already ate its first meal after 6 hours in my tank, the old one still playing rouge with new one).
Overall tank look.jpg
Rougly 60 lbs rocks, PVC pipe caves under the rocks.
Filtration by 2x Fluval G6, 125G rated protein skimmer, 700G circulation powerhead and a surface skimmer (190g/hr), I'm planning to add few fire shrimps and might upgrade my lighting and keep some easy care mushrooms, feather dusters :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store