Territorial?

L3CTR0N

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 14, 2017
Singapore
Hey guys, I've been wanting to get a ropefish for quite some time. I currently have a senegal bichir in my tank and I have heard that bichirs can be quite territorial with each other. So here's my question: Since they are both related, will they be territorial to each other?

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
usually no, however the usual fix for bichir aggression is more bichirs and less hides. Also ropes usually do best in groups of 3 or more I have 2 sengalus, 2 delhezi, 1 moke, 1 polli, 3 ropefish, and 1 teug all together
That's funny didn't know that was your stock. Throw in another rope and a golddust and that's mine. Had a small issue with teug for a minute but hes over it now.

Reactions: clm08k

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
That's funny didn't know that was your stock. Throw in another rope and a golddust and that's mine. Had a small issue with teug for a minute but hes over it now.
I had a gold dust but only saw it 3 times in a month so traded it for a carpo knife that I then traded for my cb del, albino sen, and BGK. The funny thing is the only "aggression" I've seen was 1 time I witness my sen named "Damn It" bite the tail of my polli and it was so light I'm not even sure she knew he bit her

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Agree that those fish won't likely have issues and that the ropes like friends. Mine hang out together a lot.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store