What is going to happen

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
Okay, I set up a classroom tank, I purchased a jack, an Oscar, and a green terror. They are all 1.5 inches except the oscar is 2. They are currently in a 35 growing out and will go into a 90. What should I expect behaviorally and can I put a bristle nose in with them
Thanks in advance for the feedback

Grinch

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2014
NJ
Aggression. The bristle nose will be fine so long as it doesn't fit in anyone's mouth.

Grinch

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2014
NJ
Thanks for the answer. By aggression do you mean territorial scrapping or bloody dismemberment?
Every fish is a little different, can't predict it. Eventually I'd expect the oscar to get shredded by one of the others, but that's just the law of averages.

Reactions: celebrist

#.$

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2017
Texas
Jd in my experience are though. Oscar grow faster then the other 2 and will eat anything that fits in its mouth including a jd and green terror. The oscar might get picked at since he is the least aggressive. I would not recommend a bristlenose plecostomus since they are slow growers and can potentially be a choking hazard for the Oscar

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
Thanks for the input everyone, sounds like I may need two classroom tanks. What kind of growth rates am I looking at?

#.$

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2017
Texas
Oscars can grow up to a inch or so a month for the first 6 months. Jack Dempsey are slow growing aggressive fish it'll probably pack on about 3 inch a year. They can reach 10 inch or so but your looking at a 3 or 4 year old +. Green terros grow about half that of a Oscar around .5 inch a month for the first year of life after that they slow down quite a bit.

Reactions: celebrist

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
Thanks everyone, I was planning the upgrade for Christmas break. I hope I haven't under estimated

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store