Emergency Help Needed

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
There are several injectable antibiotics available. Not sure which one to get. That will probably have to be my next step. There's one vet in the area that deals with fish. They come to you and start at $300 for a visit. Unfortunately, I don't have that kind of money at the moment. The Kanaplex says it can be fed. I may try that next. He's still active and eating well.
Kanaplex is readily absorbed through the skin, and doesn't need to be fed to remain effective.

pittbulldogva

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2013
Richmond, Va
I've been out of town since Sunday. My wife said it looks like it's healing. I had her do a water change today. I'll be home Friday and will see how he's doing. He's still eating and attacking the glass, so that's good.

pittbulldogva

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2013
Richmond, Va
So, I was out of town on business for a week and my wife was tending to him. I came home for a few days and then we all left for a family vacation. I had a friend staying here taking care of the animals. One morning I wake up to a text message with a pic of a fish on the floor. Apparently he jumped tank overnight and was found on the floor the next morning. :mad: Just as he was starting to heal up. :(

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Sorry for the loss.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; Too bad about losing the fish. You tried and had a good shot at it. Also thanks for letting us know how the thread played out even tho it is bad news.

Reactions: Drstrangelove
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store