Geo Sveni & Severum Stocking

BlueKiller82

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
Massachusetts
So I currently am growing out 6 Red Severums in a 65 Gallon tank. I am looking to move them to a 125 but id also like to add some Geo Sveni. How many of each fish could I properly stock in a 6ft 125Gallon Tank. I am willing to part with some of the Red Severums.

Couple pics of the severums when i got them around 1" and now around 3", just to make my thread entertaining.
Baby Red Sevs.jpg Red Sev Growouts.jpg

Thanks!

dalto

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2017
Geos and sevs have always been a great combination for me. They tend to leave other alone for the most part.

Assuming a 6ft long 125, 6-8 G. sveni would be the most I would do.

Severums tend to display a lot variation in aggression for me. Some are utterly peaceful and others completely intolerant of other Severums as they mature. I think 3-4 would be a good amount but if it was me I would probably drop them all in if you already have them. Just be prepared to pull some of them if there are problems.

Reactions: BlueKiller82

neutrino

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2013
Mid-Atlantic, US
I've done 6-8 of each (the sevs were rotkeils) in a 135 gal tank. A little more height than a 125. If they're starting out as juvies they should fit fine and you can make adjustments if needed as they grow. By the way, despite the common belief geos need to be in groups, as adults most are quite content as a pair only.

Reactions: BlueKiller82
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store