Platinum Attempt

Dempski D.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 23, 2017
Seattle
Wow. That does seem a little slow. What are you looking at for ph when comparing the platinums and the grow out tanks?

foristcr

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
Spring Lake Michigan
Probably shouldn't have fed them while trying to take pictures. One has a very good shape the other always looks skinny. Has the entire time I've had them. I moved them to a tank with just the two of them and an albino bristlenose pleco to try to get more size on them but for whatever reason they are still growing painfully slow. I have fish that started as fry after they were purchased that are larger than them now.

IMG_3549.JPG IMG_3550.JPG IMG_3551.JPG

d033ie

Banned
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2010
Delaware
Nice! Keep feeding BBS at this stage. Great that they are accepting flake, but keep up with the BBS, they'll grow much faster. Feed them until the bellies are visibly full! Of course, you'll need to keep up with water changes, frequently.
That is definitely the way to go! Ebjd's and Plat's always do better at a fry stage with BBS. When using crushed pellets and or crushed flakes, you're fry clutch will shrink in size very fast. Might not happen to everyone, but i've seen that happen with earlier spawns i had. I usually change to different frozen shrimps and mix with flakes when larger growth happens. Also noted by YankeeJack good water changes is a must, for better and healthier water. EBJD's and Plat's are very sensitive vs. wild color dempsey's.

foristcr

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
Spring Lake Michigan
Well still waiting on the blue to breed but I have a gold and a blue gene that breed. So at least the conditions are correct. This tank is immediately above the blue and his lady. 1378226

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store