Hand feeding the fire eel

eddiegunks

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2017
Tillson NY
Nice. How big is he? How big when you hot him? Was he always so out going?

I have a few fire eel feeding videos posted elsewhere. My 15 inch FE is becoming my favorite fish. He eats everything and is super personable. I can "pet" him as well. I was thinking about getting another one but i dont want the new one to just hide.

Only downside is he eats EVERYTHING......so it is tough for the other fish get food.......he is fat. The 2 inch diameter pipe he sleeps in is too small for him now.

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Nice. How big is he? How big when you hot him? Was he always so out going?

I have a few fire eel feeding videos posted elsewhere. My 15 inch FE is becoming my favorite fish. He eats everything and is super personable. I can "pet" him as well. I was thinking about getting another one but i dont want the new one to just hide.

Only downside is he eats EVERYTHING......so it is tough for the other fish get food.......he is fat. The 2 inch diameter pipe he sleeps in is too small for him now.
When I got him somewhere around 40 months ago, he was may be 14-16", today he must be 24" eyeballing.

He was as any fire eel a recluse, that would stay in hiding, coming out only if live shrimp or earthworms were added to the tank.

I kept 3 fire eels in a 50 gallon, and have slowly weaned off, only one of live foods

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store