rosyred81

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hello all.....

I purchased dried blood worms today to feed my rosy red minnows in addition to their usual flake food. I don't plan to feed on a regular basis but in addition from time to time as well as frozen brine shrimp

Are there any pros and/or cons to dried blood worms as opposed to frozen etc?
Your experiences on these?? (or brine shrimp feeding for that matter) ?

Thanks ~~Carrie~~

firefly1152

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2016
Wisconsin
Someone told me that dried food has less nutrients than frozen food. I don't know of that's true or not. Also with dried, it supposedly has to be soaked before feeding otherwise it will expand when the fish eats it and cause bloat.

I feed frozen food to my fish. I that the food in a small measuring cup and use a bamboo skewer to add it to the tank. Eventually, the fish will learn that the skewer means food and chase it all over the tank.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Personally neither one is very nutritional imo but I feed when trying to get certain species to eat for example a baby Arowana then once fish starts to eat Blood worms I wean them on to a more nutritional type food pellet, chopped raw fish, etc. Nothing wrong with feeding it to them in rotation with the flakes, or pellets never feed Blood worms as staple for their diet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store