09/2017 albino and other super rare stuff stock list

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
Ultra rare

Mastacembelus brichardi 4" size, from the depths of Congo, these are pink with regressed eyes. very rare, basically a "cave dwelling" equivalent of a Spiny eel from Africa. I have 2 that I've kept for the past 6 years and still doing great, easy to keep. max size around 8" or so I'm guessing. I have a handful available total! $150.00 each

Albino Sinibotia reevesae - wild 2.5" from China, only one piece. There were 3 pieces, 1 went to Singapore, one went to Japan. $150.00

Albino Propterus aethiopicus 10" size. wild fish. perfect fins. These are the giants that can grow to 5 feet plus., imagine a 5 foot puppy that is pink with red eyes! These are not captive bred fish that will become super common. $450.00 each. Only a few come out each year, and these are perfect ones.

Luciobarbus brachycephalus 6" These barbs can reach about 24", Originally come from Kazakhstan. $150.00 each These are captive bred, but in the far north of China, so very few suppliers are able to obtain them. They are super easy to keep and undemanding, will eat pellets to cut fish. and do not bother other fish. Limited quantity on these

Hypostomus- Pterygoplichthys gibbiceps albino red eye ,great tank cleaner, they use in all Asian ray and arowana tanks 4" $35.00 each

Super rare silver dollar from Suriname
Myloplus rhomboidalis - with black dorsal and silver anal fin 4" body very limited numbers $125.00 each.

Bagarius yarelli 8" $125.00 each
giant goonch from India

Bagarius suchus $175.00 each flattest goonch, gets to about 30" super rare

Liocassis longirostris - the shark like cat from Yangtze river, can reach 18" and swim the bottom like a shark. Very rare in the US or hobby $65.00 each

Chitala ornata albino - 5" eating cut fish. captive bred fish, but very impressive when large. These are not the brown ones you see in pet stores. These have red eyes and pink body, and will sport the nice round spots on the side. $55.00 each.

Hypostomus luteus - not albino, but nature's wonder with solid yellow bright pleco that grows to 20". These fish range from 13-16". also their colors only go one way, turn more yellow, I have not heard of any turning back to more black.

Some people who keep them, they actually turn orange with red fins. They can tolerate a wide range of water, from near freezing to tropical summers. and will eat pellets or clean tank. They do not attack rays or suck on other fish.

Phase 1 solid black - out right now
Phase 2 black with some yellow spots, some yellow in fins $650.00
Phase 2.5 at least quarter to half yellow with black head $850.00
Phase 3 mostly yellow, 80-90%, with maybe some gray on the head or spots on body $1000
Phase 3 super gold. $1500.00 only one piece

Predators

Hoplias aimara 23" $1800.00 This fish will bite your finger, it is currently with other fish,

Tor putitora 3-4" $125.00 each The giant masheers of the Himalayan foothill, that can reach 4 feet with bright yellow fins and golden scales that rival that of an Asian arowana.

Hydrocynus cf. tanzaniae big eye tiger that gets imported with goliath, but they're not goliath, and not vittatus. My guess is these are actually a cryptic species that is not described yet. 3.5-4" size, eating cut fish $125.00 each

Hydrocynus goliath. 4" $125.00 each. These are the largest growing tiger fish, needs no further description., the largest predator patrolling the Congo River.

Elopicthys bambusa 5.5" $100.00 each The Chinese version of a tiger fish, can reach 6 feet in length, top predator. But they're actually pretty peaceful.

Cichla pinima 4" Rio Tapajos eating cut fish. $150.00 each

Salminus franciscanus 5" giant dorado eating pellets, super red tail and gold body. $65.00

leptobotia elongate 8" the imperial flower loach, can reach 24" $150.00 each

Tetradon mbu 4" $125.00 each
6" $175.00 each

These are the largest freshwater puffers, can reach 30" in total length. pure freshwater from Congo. They are also peaceful, I've seen them kept with Congo tetras and other small fish with no issues. They will eat snails and shrimp though. I currently have a group that I keep together and there are some other fish in there with no issues.

Tetradon schoutedni - this was an enigmatic puffer, missing for over 25 years in the hobby, until they resurfaced about 2 years ago with some regularity. Last year one was actually stolen from a pet shop due to the rarity. In all the books from the 90's, the brackish puffer tetradon nigroviridis was always pictured as schoutedni. They are currently kept together with rare nipping here and there. and this one guy in Germany actually have them paired off and breeding! These will not last

2" $125.00 each
3" $150.00 each

Propterus aethiopicus 15", this one was selected for the high contrast and perfect markings on the body, with also perfect fins. Only one piece $200.00. Remember these can reach 5 feet plus ! and can dry up in mud for one year. I've seen someone do the experiment at home slowly drying it.

sciades parkeri - super golden shark cat, super rare 5" eating cut shrimp can live in fresh or brackish. I have 2 that are 3 feet long with me for past 3 years, living in freshwater. $250.00

Hypostomus margaritifer 10" dark black with big white spots $175.00 each, rare Argentinian pleco, peaceful , and nice color

Small plant tank fish

Phenacogrammus aurantiacus "yellow" Rare these wild yellow and blue Congo tetras, very high demand in Japan. Google for a good picture. the ones we got are not fully colored up yet, so will wait before I get a good picture. 2" size. $30.00 each.

Rhinogobius sp. red lip from Guangxi China 2" size., not fully matured, but gorgeous colors already. only have 20 pieces $25.00 each. These fish are probably not even described yet, wild fish. can breed in full freshwater, do not need to descend into the ocean.

Please email me in a separate email what you want in the title, it will help me not miss out on your order or questions.

email me at amazonaq@gmail.com for serious inquiries.
paypal to amazonaq@gmail.com
shipping via fedex overnight to your door for all smaller fish. runs about $50-75 dollars for most States. Pick up available in Southern California.
live arrival guaranteed.

Business policy: https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/…/business-policy-must-…/

google for pictures, some I've posted on facebook and instagram.

--
Our original fish journal on Monsterfishkeepers.com! MFK rules!

Like us on Facebook, pictures of past and present collection and rare fish finds from the net!

Our blog full of travel pictures, fish, food, and some rants!

Instagram

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store