Most Personality???

Peackockbasslove

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2017
Hello everyone i bought a 72 bf about 2 months ago its cycled now and ready when i bought the tank all i wanted was to have a larger fish that had a ton of personality and was super interactive the tank has an open top led lights and a canister filter rated for up to a 75 gal tank any and all suggestions are welcome thx

Reactions: GamerChick5567

TexTanker

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2017
Laporte Texas
Well salt or freshwater ? Most interactive fish are very active requiring a top , because they will jump out possibly . Start with a top.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Although many people will claim oscars are the most personal, and I have oscars that were up there. My most animated (personally) was a male Nandopsis haitiensus.
I also saw one at a cichlid show, that would splash water all over a person that came too close, and glare them down.
The one below lived in my 150 gal tank for many years.

FriedFlowerHornFillet

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2014
Toledo Ohio
Jags are also very interactive. Cubans too they also both look similar to the Hatiensis. Bigger personable fish would have to be solo in your tank. There's also smaller options. Acara's have a lot of personality. When I began hand feeding the acara's actually were the first to get over their fear of me. You could get a few of those. Or get an electric catfish. (my personal favorite) Hands down the most fearless fish I've had access to. Definitely a solo fish. Sometimes mine likes to swim and rest in my hand he bites me lightly when I try to take my hand out. Other days if it wants alone time it will let me know by shocking, biting hard (he has no teeth) and ramming. Very exciting fish I must say.

Reactions: Bandit87

Zanson

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2017
Cichlids in general have personality. I love my severums and acara. They greet me everytime I come in the room.

Dojo loaches are also an awesome fish to keep, but they will jump in time and need a lid as they grow. Though for a 75g they are prob too big because you generally want them in a group to see their quirky social interaction.

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Cichlids are great. One of the most personably fish I have had was the vieja guttalatum in my avatar pic. I also have had Oscars and amphilophus which were like water dogs. My male Crenicichla right now is like this as well.
In a 72 bowfront, you will be a little limited but still plenty of good options. Oscar, jaguar, haitensis, vieja will all grow too large, you want something that won't exceed 10-12".
Green terror is a good suggestion, a lone male would make a nice wet pet. Amphilophus Lyonsi would do fine in there as well and can be quite personable.

Reactions: Toiletcar

Zanson

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2017
Green terror is a good suggestion, a lone male would make a nice wet pet.
thinking about it, if green terror is a good one then a flowerhorn should work as well (being a lone fish) they stay about the same size right?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store