Red Belly Piranha

swomley93

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2015
Hello, I have 5 red belly piranhas in a 125 gallon tank. I bought them 2 months ago and 2 of them are growing exponentially faster than most they are 3 times the size of the others. (Got then when they were a half an inch) I can tell the other 3 are honestly just not growing like normal , they seem perfectly healthy and I visually see them eat.? Also just now one had a slightly defective mouth and he got torn to pieces randomly after feeding time. Any explanation for them not growing the same/cannabalism/different growth. Thanks!

rucus

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2007
Nebraska
WWW.FISHTAILAQUATICS.COM
I agree. Pictures would definitely help. I used to keep several of those guys. Some are more aggressive eaters than others. If there is a big size difference between the 2, I would ensure feeders are available in the tank at all times to prevent the larger ones from harassing the smaller ones. Let's see pictures of that mouth though.

Reactions: swomley93

swomley93

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2015
IMG_1883.JPG IMG_1884.JPG IMG_1877.JPG
I agree. Pictures would definitely help. I used to keep several of those guys. Some are more aggressive eaters than others. If there is a big size difference between the 2, I would ensure feeders are available in the tank at all times to prevent the larger ones from harassing the smaller ones. Let's see pictures of that mouth though.

B. Hizzle

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2016
2up 2down
would you be able to post a couple more pics, specifically with side profiles? based on the middle pic above I'm not sure they are all red bellies.

A

AquaAlex1993

Nice red bellies, looks like they have been eating well! How are they with the silver dollar and tank mates? I would be really afraid to have tankmates with them,but a 125 gallon is big.

swomley93

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2015
Nice red bellies, looks like they have been eating well! How are they with the silver dollar and tank mates? I would be really afraid to have tankmates with them,but a 125 gallon is big.
They honestly leave the frontasia and silver dollar and guppies alone for now!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store