Monsterfish for Turtle Tank

Chrigu

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2016
Switzerland
Hello everyone

I just got my 30"x16"x14" Turtletank. I keep a hatchling Muskturtle and a hatchling European Pond Turtle. The water is only 6" high. Im wondering if theres a small Monsterfish that could live with the turtle in this tank?

Thanks for responses

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
i would say no. maybe some female bettas at most? you arent working with very much water there

Chrigu

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2016
Switzerland
Thank you for the respond. I dont really like bettas. I know that theres not a lot of water. But a fish for the bottom or the surface area should do fine i think. I was thinking about some african butterfly fish. But im always thankful for other suggestions.

TheMoneyTank(TMT)

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2017
Thank you for the respond. I dont really like bettas. I know that theres not a lot of water. But a fish for the bottom or the surface area should do fine i think. I was thinking about some african butterfly fish. But im always thankful for other suggestions.
African butterfly fish are unsuitable turtles are unpredictable and the butterfly fish fins will be tempting so the turtle could eat them. Fish and turtles are very risky if the water area is quite vast you could possibly get away with a few minnows etc
Zebra Danios
Leopard Danios
Pearl Danios
White cloud mountain minnows
Paradise fish
Guppies
Golden wonder panchax if the dimensions of the water area are 90cm + as this would allow the fish a chance to.escape if the turtles showed interest
Pike killifish (males) females are too big
Half-beaks (very fragile)
But like I said it's a risk with turtles

FriedFlowerHornFillet

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2014
Toledo Ohio
Your tank is already way too small for turtles any fish you add would just get torn up.
Aquatic turtles and amphibians need a lot of room they create a lot of waste especially when they grab a fish by the tail and rake its sides with their claws- scales and guts everywhere
BIG tank with lots of filtration.

itrebebag99

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2017
Illinois
Sunfish would be pretty cool in a turtle tank. Plus they are tough, so they would be able to compete alongside the turtles.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Get a bunch of feeder minnows and tiger barbs,maybe some mosquitofish,u will likely lose some ,provide some hiding places the turtles can't reach

Bertie

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2017
London
Turtles and fish can go either way, I had a map turtle that lived with fish for a long time, but my musk killed all my fish within the first week.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store