3d Rock ledge? Can't seem to find them..

takagari

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2009
Manitoba
Good day all
After lots of thinking on my tank I've decided I really want a second floor.. I'd like to install a 3d background, but about halfway up I'd love to put in a natural looking overhang across a fair length of the tank, thinking 36 inches or longer, maybe sticking out 8-12 and 5-6 thick.
Something I could glue either to the background or the back of the tank and then cut the background around it.

But I can't find anything online. and I am NOT talented enough to make my own background. I can build about anything but my artistic skills end around the point of coloring within the lines. and even then that's iffy.

Is anyone making these? or are there DIY'ers on here who make and sell rocks? I'm hoping to not spend a full fortune. but nothing I am finding online for fake rocks will give me this ledge look I am after.

Thank You

takagari

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2009
Manitoba
I have been looking. no luck so far. which is why I'm asking if anyone has seen something. I havn't found anything on universal rocks with any size :(

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Universal Rocks has backgrounds with ledges. They also have Rock ledges that can be attached with magnets.

wannadivesteve

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2015
Oregon
I'm thinking DIY backgrounds require more patience than talent. If you can't find the type of ledge you envision, trying to build one yourself may be your only option. It will take some effort but you should be close to getting what you want if you take your time on it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store