What are your dream fish?

A

AquaAlex1993

Is that the 'Asian Bonytongue' on display in the New England Aquarium?

I don't really have a list of my own. I want to keep everything, but assuming, cost, legality and size weren't issues..
Halibut (8+ft long)
Betta Macrostoma
Champsochromis Caeruelous
Fossochronis Rostratus
Neolamprologus Similis gold
Neolamprologus Brichardi compex
Cyprochromis (any)
Altolamprologus calvus spp. Sumbu dwarf/shell
Piebald Midevil
Bleekeri
Channelcat
Jikin goldfish (Not available in the US, only place that I found was a farm in Hawaii that offers to ship)
Wakin goldfish
eggfish goldfish (same as jikin)
Danionella (any)
Dragonscale combtail female betta
elassoma (any)
Borleyi
Discus
Red Hook SDs
Coelocanth
cories with matching tetras
A nice livebearer collection with anebleps, sailfins, X. Montezumae, and others...
A brown bullhead, so I could feed him whole eggs (so much fun! even if its not good for him)
Boesmanni Rainbows ($14/ea. for 3-4" at any lfs)
Altum angels
Headstanders (any)
Yes, although that tank seems to be a mix and match. It's more like an African tank with an Asian roommate so to speak lol. Elephant Noses, Bichirs, lungfish, ropefish, and the Asian arowana, it is a awesome tank none the less.

You will fall in love with the redhook silver dollars as fast as I did. It's something about that red silver and gold that attracts them to me.

I've had channel catfish before, nothing special there. Produce a ton of waste, eat any fish it can, and can be very aggressive. I call them the ''goldfish'' catfish because they can live with goldfish. Not a fan of them to be honest. I like the Albino ones, and if I ever have a goldfish pond, maybe I'll add one.

Reactions: J. H.

AG458

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2017

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
I've had channel catfish before, nothing special there. Produce a ton of waste, eat any fish it can, and can be very aggressive. I call them the ''goldfish'' catfish because they can live with goldfish. Not a fan of them to be honest. I like the Albino ones, and if I ever have a goldfish pond, maybe I'll add one.
I had one once, and I loved it. It used to sit by the glass and watch me, and if I would look at the tank at night, Caddy would be there, swimming around gracefully and powerfully. Never had an aggression problem from him. He (she?) was a first-class predator though, he once ate an elephant fish almost as big as he was :( , and I was going to buy a jardini so he could have a tankmate besides my goldfish lol. Unfortunately, he outgrew my tank, and my mother really wanted mollies, so I had to let him go on my cousin's farm. My second favorite fish of all time, after Goldenback, my common goldfish, who was my first fish that was really mine.

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
i would love to have a large tank with a pair of lenticulata and a zebra shovelnose cat. also one with a dovii pair.

also a southeast asia/australian theme tank with dats, jardini, and maybe a giant gourami.

starting work on a couple of plywood tanks 350 and 450 gallons to hopefully make these dreams a reality by sometime next year.
So it's official now that you are cutting up that c-shaped tank to make plywood bowfronts?

itrebebag99

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2017
Illinois
Can't decide on one in particular, but I'd say top 10 that I'd want to keep in the future would be:
1.)Oscar
2.) Midas
3.)Jaguar
4.)Clown Knife
5.)Clarius Catfish
6.)Pacu
7.)Tiger Shovelnose
8.)Giant Gourmai
9.)Black piranha
10.)Peacock Bass
It would be cool to build a basement pond by welding a 10x15' frame out of square steel tubing, put plywood in the frame, and drop a pond liner in. Then keep all these species in it (excluding the black piranha of course.)

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
Burbot and black fish across the bottom rainbows and dollies in the Middle with Grayling on top

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
I want a motherflukin killer whale and the white Dolphin. And then a tiger Shark

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
Clown Trigger is number one for me, followed closely by Nandopsis Haitiensis

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store