glass drills,where to buy

pescado209

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2017
i want to drill my soon to be new tank. I saw 65mm drill rangeing from $8 to $30. what's a decent price to pay and what price is too cheap and most likely to cause problems if at all.
thanks for any input.

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
I bought mine from bulkreefsupply. I chose them because it was cheap and they matched to bulkheads for you.

pescado209

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2017
bulk reef supply has the overflow I want and the bit. but at $30 it seems kinda steep for a one time use item. I called a local glass store and they qouted me $35 a hole. I will need two for the overflow. forgot to ask if it's a "you break it you buy" kinda deal of I take it to them.

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
bulk reef supply has the overflow I want and the bit. but at $30 it seems kinda steep for a one time use item. I called a local glass store and they qouted me $35 a hole. I will need two for the overflow. forgot to ask if it's a "you break it you buy" kinda deal of I take it to them.
What size tank and thickness of glass? There are different quality bits and I did not realize they have life on them. I got mine cheap on BRS for like $15. I used it to create two holes on my 180g which is 1/2in thick glass and then 1 hole in a piece of wood that acted as a guide.

I watched lots of videos and was told it's super easy. I highly recommend making a guide and for me it took forever to make the hole. Probably like 20-25min each. I was told it's like 5 min but I suspect that is for thinner glass and a higher quality drill bit.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store