Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Cant believe how the chargers are still losing games like this. They should be 2-0

Dixon81

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2008
Massachusetts
Why do 95% of the people not from N.E. hate the Patriots? Is it because the Kraft family has planned out, designed and accomplished an incredible organization? Is it because there has never been an NFL team in history with such an accomplished story? Is it because Bill Belicheck and Matt Patrica take mediocre players that no one wants and turns them into stars?

I will never forget where i was and who i was with on 2/5/17. Such a a roller coaster of a game.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Why do 95% of the people not from N.E. hate the Patriots? Is it because the Kraft family has planned out, designed and accomplished an incredible organization? Is it because there has never been an NFL team in history with such an accomplished story? Is it because Bill Belicheck and Matt Patrica take mediocre players that no one wants and turns them into stars?

I will never forget where i was and who i was with on 2/5/17. Such a a roller coaster of a game.
I think some of it comes from things like special rules....i.e the brady rule (superbowl against oakland i think) i think 95% of anyone not from a given city hate their division rivals

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas

I don't hate them. I even think of them positivity. I'm just tired of them.

Reactions: jaws7777

Dixon81

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2008
Massachusetts
I think some of it comes from things like special rules....i.e the brady rule (superbowl against oakland i think) i think 95% of anyone not from a given city hate their division rivals
The tuck rule was from the 2001 AFC championship game. 16 years later we still dominate.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Its going to suck when we start to lose again...Its bound to happen at some point but probably not until after Brady and Belicheck retire.
Yea, they are just one of those teams that have it together and know how to make it work.

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
I think it's two things. The arrogance and the cheating. I was a big Pat's fan before Brady, because they had Bledsoe. Their system is great, and they definitely have talent. Which is why the cheating really gets on people's nerves. Yes, most of us know most teams will cut corners if they can, but the Patriots are good enough they don't need to. Yet still do.

Brady's hissy fits on the sideline don't endear him to people, but he never gets called out on them. When Cutler or Rivers or others do it, it's whining and such. Brady gets a pass. He's also arrogant as hell, which rubs people the wrong way. Still one of the best quarterbacks ever, but that doesn't mean you have to like him to acknowledge that.

Belichek's lack of personality and abrasiveness during interviews doesn't help the perception.

But that team definitely has it down. Why do you think the Falcons hired Thomas Dimitroff as the gm in '08? It was because he was in the Pats organization for the previous 6 years and they wanted to bring in someone who knew what the hell the Pats were doing structure wise to try and build up their team in similar ways on the Front Office side.

Most teams that win a lot get hated though. San Fran late 80's-early 90's, Dallas mid 90's, ect.

edit: Boston fans are known for being obnoxious as well across the US, at least they have that rep when it comes to the Pats, Red Sox, and Bruins. Haven't heard much bad about Celtic fans though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store