So... I've got these four giants!

eeJamBOYan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2016
South East Asia
Hey,
today I picked up four Myloplus rubripinnis "luna" which have been kept in an 80gal triangular aquarium in an office.
I've got them in my 6,5ft x 22in x 20in/ 200cm x 55cm x 50cm now and they are making the tank look pretty small to be honest!

View attachment 1274936
This FTS looks neat! Love the look of a long tank.
Are they the only ones in there?

tokenTANKguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2017
North Richland Hills , Texas
Hey,
today I picked up four Myloplus rubripinnis "luna" which have been kept in an 80gal triangular aquarium in an office.
I've got them in my 6,5ft x 22in x 20in/ 200cm x 55cm x 50cm now and they are making the tank look pretty small to be honest!

View attachment 1274936
that tank is awesome . love the wood. They look like they fit and fill your tank out. Im sure you love the look of it. and thats what matters. and the scape im sure the fish love as well

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I swear these Germans are on a whole different level to the rest of the world :D

Very nice fish.

A

AquaAlex1993

Looks like, I'm not the only Silver Dollar ''Geek'' here LOL.
Nice save on those redhooks, such a beautiful fish. The red hooks will love their new home more space to swim and other silver dollars as tankmates.
Two of them look to be a little banged up, but not bad at all. A good diet, clean water, and they will look great as new.
I have been studying and keeping Myleus species for years and I really love the red hooks and black bars.
I have 1 giant Luna red hook now and 3 smaller 3'' redhooks and 4 wide bar black bars, god I love these fish.

Xeno

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2014
Germany
Hey Alex,
Yeah that's right, I love silverdollars!
Right now I am keeping the Myloplus rubripinnis (4), Metynnis maculatus (7) and Metynnis altidorsalis (6).
But of course they are not all in this tank.

Two do have some wounds that's true.
You gotta imagine their former tank as a tringular tank with a giant piece of driftwood in the middle, leaving no space to roam for them.
It's been placed in an office and since they act skittish to movement they don't know they most likely crashed into the driftwood and the glass.
Yes the diet is very important, I am feeding them frozen food (bloodworms), smelt, fresh cucumber/zucchini, arowana pellets and pellets for herbivores.

Reactions: AquaAlex1993

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
I like my group, I think the skittish reputation comes from people keeping them in to small of a tank . Mine are totally chill in the 450

WP_20170310_041.jpg

Reactions: moe214
A

AquaAlex1993

Hey Alex,
Yeah that's right, I love silverdollars!
Right now I am keeping the Myloplus rubripinnis (4), Metynnis maculatus (7) and Metynnis altidorsalis (6).
But of course they are not all in this tank.

Two do have some wounds that's true.
You gotta imagine their former tank as a tringular tank with a giant piece of driftwood in the middle, leaving no space to roam for them.
It's been placed in an office and since they act skittish to movement they don't know they most likely crashed into the driftwood and the glass.
Yes the diet is very important, I am feeding them frozen food (bloodworms), smelt, fresh cucumber/zucchini, arowana pellets and pellets for herbivores.
Sounds like a great diet. They will heal in no time, and may even get some intense red coloration.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store