Garden Grove Man Accused of Smuggling...

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
The smugglers were surely not first and guaranteed not to be the last as long as Asian arowanas remain a restricted species.

Toiletcar

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
USA
I agree with you. But as with other things it's about exclusivity and bragging eights. The price exists because there is demand...just like jewelry, cars, exotic animals...
This is true, it's why people do it in the first place. They probably get a rush of keeping something illegal too.
I just don't see the point, especially if it's something you can't be open about because you have to worry about getting caught. That doesn't sound fun to me.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
No fish is worth that much money or breaking the law. I understand people want what they want and when they want. I believe there are good reasons some species are and should be illegal. Laws are in place for a good reason. People are irresponsible and it is unfortunate that many can't have something because of a few. But the impact of invasive species or other reasons is more important than selfish wants.
There are plenty of cool legal fish. That's good enough for me.
Obviously it is worth that much, or people wouldn't pay that much. A classic phrase from ancient times; Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it. Publilius Syrus, (fl. 85–43 BC)

And not all laws are in place for a good reason, certainly not this one. This coming from someone who lives in a land where one can legally own this species. In this case the law is stupid, based solely on ignorance and greed.

Reactions: Dee eng

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
No fish is worth that much money or breaking the law. I understand people want what they want and when they want. I believe there are good reasons some species are and should be illegal. Laws are in place for a good reason. People are irresponsible and it is unfortunate that many can't have something because of a few. But the impact of invasive species or other reasons is more important than selfish wants.
There are plenty of cool legal fish. That's good enough for me.
Where's your sense of fun?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store