Best thing to feed?

John Franzwa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Minnesota
Hello everyone I was curious about peacock growth and what is the best food besides live food? I will also be trying many foods and uploading how successful they are!

Mohith Rajeek

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2017
Mysore, India
Hello everyone I was curious about peacock growth and what is the best food besides live food? I will also be trying many foods and uploading how successful they are!
They are voracious feeders .. they eat alot and poop alot.. I feed my 3" with krill , market prawn , pellets and blood worm .. bring in variety .. they grow fast .. likely 1 o 1 n half inch a month .. water parameters should be good and temp .. all the best buddy .. post some pics of it

John Franzwa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Minnesota
They are voracious feeders .. they eat alot and poop alot.. I feed my 3" with krill , market prawn , pellets and blood worm .. bring in variety .. they grow fast .. likely 1 o 1 n half inch a month .. water parameters should be good and temp .. all the best buddy .. post some pics of it
Ok thanks I defiantly will!! I have many types of food to try out, I will post pictures and videos! The type that I am growing out are called kelberi I believe!

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Right now I’m feeding my 2.5” baby pbass freeze dried shrimp, freeze dried bloodworms, frozen bloodworms and frozen krill. It keeps spitting the pellets out but I’m gonna keep trying. No live food for mine.

Tony A.

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2016
My little guys ate live black worms in the LFS. I started with "my" tank raised live bearer's. Got them use to the feeding hatch and being hand fed. Then would through a pellet in and they would smack it. Just like it say's some place in hear. Plus I had 2 little white tiger Oscars showing that all things coming out of the hatch is food. They don't get feeders any more, They like freeze dried krill, pellets 2 kinds and earth worms. And eat cut up frozen cocked shrimp.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store