40 breeder ideas

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Any tips on where to find some solid info on getting into the shrimp game? haha . They are fun little critters and I do love to do aquascapes.
Loads of info all over! I have a few breeder friends, I got my basic cherries from a friend for free. They breed like maniacs :p

Aquascaping is a load of fun too! I suggest you try it with shrimp, they keep everything spick and span ;)

I'd recommend cherries or sakuras to start, easy to get and easy to keep too. Just run the tank for a few weeks beforehand to help build up algae and bio bacteria since shrimp are somewhat allergic to new tanks

Reactions: Capt_Rick_Dixie

Nano Vanisher

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2017
I second the Cryptoheros idea. I have a couple of forties ,One was a nano , with puffers, badis, galaxy rasbora but now houses my juvenile Green Texas.(with a lot of nano still in there:eek:) Cryptoheros are my favorite behavior wise, a couple in a forty you couldn't go wrong with any in that genus.

Capt_Rick_Dixie

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2017
Clearwater, FL/ Janesville, WI
Loads of info all over! I have a few breeder friends, I got my basic cherries from a friend for free. They breed like maniacs :p

Aquascaping is a load of fun too! I suggest you try it with shrimp, they keep everything spick and span ;)

I'd recommend cherries or sakuras to start, easy to get and easy to keep too. Just run the tank for a few weeks beforehand to help build up algae and bio bacteria since shrimp are somewhat allergic to new tanks
This sounds super fun! It's definitely very different from what I've done in the past as well! Maybe I'll give it a go. Thanks for the info! :)

Reactions: Hendre
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store