Endlicheri Grades

Bathi

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2017
Local fish store there are few type of endlicheri types with their markings..They are selling 3rd grade and lower with different price tags...Is that possible..?..I'm also interesting to see pics from those grades...

Reactions: Jafar P Arab

FishBeast

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2016
Northwest Washington
www.youtube.com
What do you mean "grades"? The only delineation would be captive bred or wild caught... To my knowledge, there are is no consensus on any aesthetic standards on endlicheri appearance. Certainly not enough to classify them into "grades" that would command tiered pricing... Would you mind sharing some pics of the fish at your LFS that does this?

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Marketing gimmick! The only grading done to bichirs that I know of are of platinum endlis based off the whiteness and how much black is on the body

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Captive bred endli and delhezi grading is an opinion from the breeders or distributor from overseas. Usually have a fancy name attached as an identifier or marketing gimmick as Dloks Dloks stated, i.e. royal, crouching tiger, or hidden Dragon. ;-)

Dory-K, Kamihata, Igarashi, and missiing a few im sure in Japan. Would do business this they way, because they made an effort to breed quality. Such as crazy patterns, and markings that continue to the underbelly. They even gave the end customer a certificate of authenticity from that particular faciltiy. Unlike most in Singapore, Indonesia, India, and other asia countries. Mass breeding profits is the preferred method.

Bathi

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2017
Only differences with those grades are markings are darker and continue to the belly..somethng trick like royal delhezi and normal delhezi..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store