White stuff all over my tank decour

FishBeast

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2016
Northwest Washington
www.youtube.com
I checked it and the wood is solid... thank god! So sounds like a bacterial bloom as the water as cloudy before the Wc, cool will manage it as you suggested. The tank needs a good clean any from all the left over cockle shells from the fahaka. Nice one thanks gents, was getting a bit worried!
Yeah suction out all food bits and visible poop. Keep us posted bro

Achilles1763

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2016
UK
They were totally aquarium safe, got it from the lfs and treated it before going into the tank... think the bacteria makes most sense

Achilles1763

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2016
UK
Right I got the bottled bacteria and all the white crap has vanished.. like you said it's a bacteria bloom so I guess it's all found it's proper home in the filter. I have stopped feeding for a few days till this issue sorts itself out but the water is clear and the fish has stopped rubbing themselves on the bogwood. Should I do another water change? If so what time frame? Thanks gents

Reactions: FishBeast

FishBeast

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2016
Northwest Washington
www.youtube.com
Right I got the bottled bacteria and all the white crap has vanished.. like you said it's a bacteria bloom so I guess it's all found it's proper home in the filter. I have stopped feeding for a few days till this issue sorts itself out but the water is clear and the fish has stopped rubbing themselves on the bogwood. Should I do another water change? If so what time frame? Thanks gents
Cool! Yeah 1-2 days usually everything settles down. Glad to hear it! Change the water only if nitrate levels >40 or so (based on your preference). Otherwise you’re good. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store