MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
moe214 moe214 how come now aimara?

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
nice wolves moe , how big is your black now ?
I had to rehome him unfortunately. He told me the tank was to small by killing two fish, and I'm positive he would've killed two more cause he attacked them good that's for sure. If it wasn't for their speed advantage they'd be dead I'm positive. He was maybe 15" didn't measure. Last time I measured was months ago he was 14" then. Wasn't really focused on that. Was more disheartened to have to let him go. I've been neglecting my fish since. Just did a wc for the first tim yesterday. And fed first time today. Not to bad seeing as he's only been gone two weeks but I'm usually on top of things and I just haven't looked at the tank really since. But it was him or everyone else and I don't like single fish tanks. He was the one I had a relationship with and that interacted with me though so maybe he would've been better to keep. But he would've outgrew the tank eventually regardless so figured I'd get it over now rather than let it be harder later. And for he fact it isn't easy to get a gold wolf or Trachy in comparison to curupira.
moe214 moe214 how come now aimara?
not sure what you mean by this bro. You mean no aimara? If so my tank is only 120g. My main focus now is work and college so I can sustain life and progress as well. Only when I have my own house and career will I get a big enough tank for an aimara. And I wanna make sure I have the tank first. Who knows I may never keep one. Again single fish tanks aren't for me. So I may be another DB and end up forcing the aimara to be with someone if I were to get one. Because I know he says his always did better alone or as the top predator, but obviously when he put it with Lucy who's larger and the faster dorado and larger armatus etc it became the underdog being smaller, sonit grew and ate less and came out less. I wouldn't keep one in nothing smaller than an 8x4 at which point I won't have much room for tankmates but knowing me I will try. Likely do brycron and a wyckii. My dream tank is a 12x6x3 with an amapa aimara, hemibagrus wyckii, salminus brasilliensis, and possibly even a jau. Possibly some smaller species that are less aggro in there for dithers. Due to the main fish, best bet would be brycron but I know I'd try something more appealing to me. If that doesn't answer your question clarify when you get a chance lol

Reactions: peter predtank

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
I had to rehome him unfortunately. He told me the tank was to small by killing two fish, and I'm positive he would've killed two more cause he attacked them good that's for sure. If it wasn't for their speed advantage they'd be dead I'm positive. He was maybe 15" didn't measure. Last time I measured was months ago he was 14" then. Wasn't really focused on that. Was more disheartened to have to let him go. I've been neglecting my fish since. Just did a wc for the first tim yesterday. And fed first time today. Not to bad seeing as he's only been gone two weeks but I'm usually on top of things and I just haven't looked at the tank really since. But it was him or everyone else and I don't like single fish tanks. He was the one I had a relationship with and that interacted with me though so maybe he would've been better to keep. But he would've outgrew the tank eventually regardless so figured I'd get it over now rather than let it be harder later. And for he fact it isn't easy to get a gold wolf or Trachy in comparison to curupira.

not sure what you mean by this bro. You mean no aimara? If so my tank is only 120g. My main focus now is work and college so I can sustain life and progress as well. Only when I have my own house and career will I get a big enough tank for an aimara. And I wanna make sure I have the tank first. Who knows I may never keep one. Again single fish tanks aren't for me. So I may be another DB and end up forcing the aimara to be with someone if I were to get one. Because I know he says his always did better alone or as the top predator, but obviously when he put it with Lucy who's larger and the faster dorado and larger armatus etc it became the underdog being smaller, sonit grew and ate less and came out less. I wouldn't keep one in nothing smaller than an 8x4 at which point I won't have much room for tankmates but knowing me I will try. Likely do brycron and a wyckii. My dream tank is a 12x6x3 with an amapa aimara, hemibagrus wyckii, salminus brasilliensis, and possibly even a jau. Possibly some smaller species that are less aggro in there for dithers. Due to the main fish, best bet would be brycron but I know I'd try something more appealing to me. If that doesn't answer your question clarify when you get a chance lol
You answered me. I knew you didn't have an aimara but didn't realize you only had a 120g and that you're still in college. Good that you're being responsible.

Reactions: moe214

peter predtank

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
peterborough ontario
ya sorry to here you had to part with your black moe , sounds like you were pretty attached to him .
maybe the future will hold your dream tank and fish , un till then good luck with your studies :)

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
You answered me. I knew you didn't have an aimara but didn't realize you only had a 120g and that you're still in college. Good that you're being responsible.
Yea I'm only 18. Just been into fish since I was little. Hope to be an ichthyologist, hope I can one day look into wolves further on a scientific level. I've been a little down on myself though thinking I may not achieve that. Time will tell though
ya sorry to here you had to part with your black moe , sounds like you were pretty attached to him .
maybe the future will hold your dream tank and fish , un till then good luck with your studies :)
kind of finding college isn't for me unfortunately. I don't like the way they teach. I need work to do but able to reach out for help, it's hard to reach out for help cause majority of the time I'm not in school I'm working. Only day off is Saturday so we'll see lol. But I'll definitly take any luck thrown my way :).

And yea I think I might've been a little attached to. I never understood people getting attached to fish, wanting to quit over one etc. but he kind of showed me it a little. I definitly lost interest in my tank. I'm gonna have to find a fish to rekindle it. Kind of been thinking of getting a cichlid because I do miss the interaction. Was a big part of it. He'd follow me to flare up at me on a regular like the guard dog of the tank but during wc he became like a puppy I could pet him wherever and grab him in my hand and take him out of the water even.if the pellets were big enough I'm sure he would've hand fed with me as well.

peter predtank

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
peterborough ontario
hopefully your slumps ends soon moe , i would have never guessed reading your posts you were that young . you are very knowledgeable regarding fish thats for sure .

thats pretty cool about your black wolf being soo tame . not the kind of fish you would normally think of as getting tame like that . i had a red tail cat a long time ago , and he was like that . he was one of the first fish i kept that started me into this awesome hobby . i will never forget that guy .

but again , another example of a fish that is to me one of the most desirable . but also one that just gets soo large that to keep one very long term is really not reasonable for most people .

i know the same could be said about my wolf fish but they dont grow anywere near the speed off a red tail . and we know that it seems to be pretty rare to so any really huge ones that have been raised from babies to really large size in captivity . also they do sit more in one spot and dont seem to need as much swimming space as some of the other giants .

i would be happy to have just one big wolf say like two feet maybe a bit larger in my tank i think the foot print of my tank also will allow a single big wolf to be relatively happy .

if i can get it to that size i think it will be a success . and if it gets much bigger i will take it to be an exception and deal with housing it appropriately

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
peter predtank peter predtank several folks have grown past 2ft so I wouldn't say it isn't normal. The largest grown out on the board is 30in which took ~5 years and another is around 28in I believe. I'm guessing the barrier for growth is probably around 30in and most folks don't keep fish that long.

Reactions: peter predtank

peter predtank

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
peterborough ontario
check out this video also ;) and listen to what he says about them from about 1 min 20 to the 2 min mark .:D

let me know if you guys can see these vids i know some were not able to see the ones i posted from the river monster episode i hope these are different and you can see them

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store