Any experience with Lifeguard Aquatics commercial filters?

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I've been talking to Glass Cages recently, and they offer package deals with Lifeguard Aquatics filtration setups for their large tanks. The products seem good, and I'm a fan of warrantied products.

Has anyone used them? Thoughts? I'm considering a package deal instead of piecing together a sump system.

http://www.lifegardaquatics.com

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
I've been talking to Glass Cages recently, and they offer package deals with Lifeguard Aquatics filtration setups for their large tanks. The products seem good, and I'm a fan of warrantied products.

Has anyone used them? Thoughts? I'm considering a package deal instead of piecing together a sump system.

http://www.lifegardaquatics.com
They have been around for a long time. This tells you that they stand behind their product.
Pacu mom runs some of their product. I had two of their pumps when I had cichlas years ago. I still have the pumps but in storage somewhere.

Reactions: Chicxulub

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
I have their 40 W UV sterilizer. Like it well enough that I bought two 120W UV sterilizers for the big system which is not set up yet. (It's just three 40W UV sterilizers set up in tandem) Their modular system is good for up to 100 gallon tanks. The mechanical filter modules sound interesting, but I really like RTL filters for mechanical filtration, so did not consider them.

Two things to keep in mind: notice the height of some of the filters/sterilizers. My 40W UV sterilizer is 37" tall...not something you would want to place upright under a stand. I don't know if they can be set up to lie down, but even if they could, it would be extremely awkward. They recommend replacing the protective sleeve when replacing the UV sterilizer bulb. You could pay nearly the cost of a new UV sterilizer when replacing the bulb and sleeve and ballast should you accidentally break it. I don't mind spending the money for a safer environment for my fish, so the cost does not bother me.

My experience is limited to just one of their products, but based on that, I would think that their other products are sound also.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
So Chicxulub Chicxulub

Did you buy the Lifeguard package setup?

The owner of our LFS just gave me a brand new Lifeguard filter FB300, but I haven't set it up yet.

I saw a few videos on this product, from folks who had issues. Not much else.

It's a fluidized bed type, and it seems they are going out of style, so maybe he just couldn't sell it.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
So Chicxulub Chicxulub

Did you buy the Lifeguard package setup?

The owner of our LFS just gave me a brand new Lifeguard filter FB300, but I haven't set it up yet.

I saw a few videos on this product, from folks who had issues. Not much else.

It's a fluidized bed type, and it seems they are going out of style, so maybe he just couldn't sell it.
I didn't lol. I ended up deciding to go with Aquadyne, likely either a 2000 or 4000 model:

http://www.aquadyne-filters.com/Aqu...Model-11B-Filters-up-to-4000-Gallons-p-8.html

Reactions: Dloks and Ulu
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store