Temensis problem

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Hith has numerous causes. Hard to figure it out but most would suggest separating the fish. Treating with an abx ( metronidazole in water and medicated food), avoid carbon media, high quality foods and clean water (nitrates never above 40ppm). Hope it don't get worse.
K,is proper nutrition or the lack thereof one of the causes?

Cabinetman 1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2016
Hith has numerous causes. Hard to figure it out but most would suggest separating the fish. Treating with an abx ( metronidazole in water and medicated food), avoid carbon media, high quality foods and clean water (nitrates never above 40ppm). Hope it don't get worse.
What would you suggest for the food? Nitrates never over 25ppm. Can I treat him in this tank, he is 16" and thought maybe the move would be stressful. Thanks

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
K,is proper nutrition or the lack thereof one of the causes?
If I remember right it was in the past. Not sure about this case as i believe tilapia should have enough nutrience in it. Since it's there might as well try something different and see if it helps.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
What would you suggest for the food? Nitrates never over 25ppm. Can I treat him in this tank, he is 16" and thought maybe the move would be stressful. Thanks
Like I mentioned not sure if this is the case as tilapi should be good enough. Try a good mixed pellet that has some veg along with massivore. Mixing it up never hurts and trying something different. Would move the fish it cause like most antibiotics it will kill ur biological filter. Then you'll have out of control water parameters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cabinetman 1

Cabinetman 1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2016
Like I mentioned not sure if this is the case as tilapi should be good enough. Try a good mixed pellet that has some veg along with massivore. Mixing it up never hurts and trying something different. Would move the fish it cause like most antibiotics it will kill ur biological filter. Then you'll have out of control water parameters.
Thank you I will try and get another tank set up.

Tony A.

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2016
Could be hith. But that's looks like wound's. HITH I think starts out near pores or nostrils.
But I would treat it as hith. Good luck.

Dis

Dovii
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2010
Hamilton, ON
I wouldn't move him. I would up your water changes to two 50%+ water changes a week. Maybe more like 75% and see if any changes. If it is hith it takes a long time (months) to show a difference.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store