Hole in Flowerhorn head

keerth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2017
Good morning

Guys my Red Dragon flowerhorn is about 5 to 6 inch... I feed him pellets, shrimps, dry bloodworms, and frozen chicken liver...... I found a small hole kind of on his head. Is this an infection ? Or did he hit any stones while playing ?? i dont know what to do now ?
Can i get any solution for this as soon as possilbe ?

I have attached the photo also.

_20171016_092326.JPG

Screenshot_2017-10-16-09-15-51.png

keerth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2017
Hi... Please help ... Again with the same problem... This time it is major infection on his head... And it is not accepting the food also.. After getting this infection, it is hitting his head to the bottom stones....

DSC_1864.JPG

DSC_1867.JPG

keerth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2017
Hi please help ..again with the same problem.. This time not accepting the food . .sitting in one corner

DSC_1864.JPG

GoldfishForPresident

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2017
Hello, sorry to hear about your fish. I wonder if the 'not eating' issue is actually seperate from the head injury/infection.

What are your water parameters? If in doubt, I'd do a nice big water change. I'd maybe also remove whatever stones he hits his head on, at least for now. Any other symptoms like flashing or heavy breathing? What was he eating previously, and how does his poop look?

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hello, sorry to hear about your fish. I wonder if the 'not eating' issue is actually seperate from the head injury/infection.

What are your water parameters? If in doubt, I'd do a nice big water change. I'd maybe also remove whatever stones he hits his head on, at least for now. Any other symptoms like flashing or heavy breathing? What was he eating previously, and how does his poop look?

I agree with G GoldfishForPresident test the aquarium water for Ammonia, Nitrite,Nitrate,and PH. Also what is your water change routine for example weekly, biweekly, or Monthly ? Also how much water do you remove 25%, 40, or 50% ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store