I'm on a Mission for a Double Digit LMB

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
You know there places that make exact replicas of your fish. Give them a picture measure the length, girth, and weight. You'll still have your trophy but the real one lives another day. I've taught my kids when they catch big fish to respect them because they didn't get that big from being stupid.
I would tell u how but u would kill the bass(I don't like that as large size is a gene linked trait in lmb)
Bass wont grow to 10+lbs if you keep them all
Yes i am aware that they make replicas. when a bass has gotten to 10+ lbs it has spawn plenty already, it's not like they only spawn after they reach 10 lbs. but fyi, when i do catch my trophy, i plan on releasing it after pics, video, measurements, etc. when i said i want to mount one, i meant a replica. i actually don't want to eat a fish that is that old.

though i like eating them, there are plenty that i release. the pics i posted were all eaten. outside of when i want to eat some fresh lmb, i release them.

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
I am assuming you eat the bass? I love eating fish but largemouth are definetly my least favorite. Too soft from the warm water they like.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
I am assuming you eat the bass? I love eating fish but largemouth are definetly my least favorite. Too soft from the warm water they like.
Yes sometimes I do eat them. Fried or wrapped in tinfoil cooked on the bbq grill. You're not the first to say that they don't like eating lmb. Maybe I grew up eating it, idk. Tastes fine to me

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Anyways the craziest thing happened....

I tried this double rig for the first time. Caught two fish at the same time. I've seen it in videos where people use umbrella rigs with 5+ hooks but not a double rig. Never thought it'd happen to me. I didn't expect anything like this to happen so I used it on my pole with 10 lb test only. Was pretty crazy fight, had to adjust drag a couple times

20171006_071403.jpg

20171006_071358.jpg

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

johnny potatoes

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2010
Dewey
Nice, you're giving me inspiration you get out my fishing gear. I haven't fished in years but recently moved and have 3 lakes within a half hour. I need to get out there. Good luck in your quest for the big one.

amazonfishman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2005
On the Rio Araguaia, I wish...
If you're targeting a 10lb+ Largemouth there are a few places you can go to really improve your chances if you're willing to travel. Lake Falcon down on the Mexico border in Texas is probably the easiest place to get one that size. I'd bring a firearm with you if you're going to fish it though as it can be a dangerous lake given the area.

Lake Fork also in Texas has good chances, there are a bunch of fish over that size caught yearly there and it's not sketchy like Falcon. I grew up fishing on Fork and my pb is around 8lbs from there and a buddies is 11.3 with a 9.4 on the same day with a guide. Highest number of Sharelunker bass (over 13lbs) in the state are caught there every year and the state record 18.18lb was caught there. Seen a 20lb 4oz on the wall they found floating as well so there are 20lb+ monsters hiding

Lake Castaic in CA is another good option that holds monster bass.

itrebebag99

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2017
Illinois
From what I hear, you got to be at the right lake in the right location, and get lucky. Not much help, I'm sure you already know that. Also, hate to sound winy, but it's much better to keep the little ones and release the big ones (of course depending on the creel limits of your fisheries).

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store