Nature's Gift

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Very nice! I like it equally standing or laying down. I do agree with stanz, it would be great to use that hight to hide equipment.

Now that the brush outside is dying back I should go exploring my woods and find some new pieces for my tanks. I doubt I'd find anything half as cool as your stump though!

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Honestly, i'd carefully put that piece of trash in a sturdy box, tape it up securely, put my address on it, and send it to me. I'll, er, dispose of it for you!

jeaninel

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2014
california
Great find! I like the look of it laying on it's side. But whichever position you decide on, I'm sure it will look great.

Reactions: tlindsey

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Thats some seriously nice wood... if that were for sale here would fetch a decent amount with a large hollowed out area like that...

Mighty Wizard

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2017
Everywhere
Lovey find! I have a question however, how do you make brittle wood such as that aquarium friendly?

Oh and I vote laying down! So long as you have fish that will fit inside I suppose.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Lovey find! I have a question however, how do you make brittle wood such as that aquarium friendly?

Oh and I vote laying down! So long as you have fish that will fit inside I suppose.

Thank you! The branches I collect are collected off the ground and I only use the ones that have no tree bark on them. What also helps is most of the trees are Oak . I soak them in hot or boiled water just to kill any micro organisms on the wood before using. My female Double Orange Flash Apistogramma has already claimed the small stump lol.:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store