Lights essential ?

Mohith Rajeek

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2017
Mysore, India
For a young cichla which are about 4" now .. what is the importance of light in the aquarium ? Does it have any role in colouring my cichla up ? They are in my grow out tank which is in my room with normal room lighting .. if lighting is essential in any way to cichla please tell me which one and do suggest in which way it is helpful .. thanku

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
Well without lights you'll miss out on all the colors that come in as they get bigger which is one of the reasons people buy cichla for the colors.

Mohith Rajeek

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2017
Mysore, India
They
Well without lights you'll miss out on all the colors that come in as they get bigger which is one of the reasons people buy cichla for the colors.
they ain't in the dark mate .. their colour is very much visible .. like I said this setup is just a grow out or may be like an extended version of quarantine tank .. I want them to catch on some size before i move them to my main tank .. there are many fish which Benifit from the lights that we use and also the background and adapt .. so just wanted to know if it brings any change with a particular light on

Reactions: Tony A.

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
I believe the spangles do develop better with lights on 5-7 hours a day. Of course you have to give it good food to make it work.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store